View Full Version : How to extrac graphics from CCF?

July 12th, 2005, 03:33 PM
Say I want to take a CCF file and extract the graphics so that I can make a template from it. How do I do this?

For example, the "Pomona2" iTunes-like interface...

I can see the icons for say, a vol+ button. I can click on it, and even bring up the big list of icons/graphics with which I can replace the image with. However, I see of not way to dump that icon out to a file that I can open up in Photoshop. I tried CCFExplorer and CCFTools, but they view Tonto-edited/created CCF files as invalid files.

I want to extrac the images from the Pomona CCF file so I can basically use the SIZE & Layout of them, but replace them with my actual OWN graphics, but in the same layout as the iTunes skin.

Can someone please help?

July 12th, 2005, 04:11 PM
At the top of the window where you can choose more icons you will see a button with the letters "Save" on it. That should be a hint... :roll: :wink:

July 12th, 2005, 08:42 PM
I saw the save button, but does that save the entire icon library, or just individual files/graphics?

Also, what format/extention do you save them in? The file type drop down is "All Files (*.*)" and the file name portion gives no extentions. For example in Photoshop (and most every win app) defaults to a file type (*.psd for example) UNLESS you select the all files option. With this, there is no option to select *.png or *.jpg,*.bmp, *.gif or whatever, so what file format to save to? I think Prontos use .bmp, but tonto also supports png, so how do I know? CCFTools extract the icons as gifs.

Thanks for any help.

July 13th, 2005, 02:39 AM
Just try. It will normally save in the format that the original graphics was imported in, I think. And it saves one at a time.

Ben S
July 13th, 2005, 06:47 AM
If you really want to export graphics, I strongly suggest downloading the prerelease of the NetRemote designer and using it's image export facilities.

Tonto will not export 32 bit images correctly, and often saves corrupted files.