PDA

View Full Version : How to extrac graphics from CCF?

brain21
July 12th, 2005, 02:33 PM
Say I want to take a CCF file and extract the graphics so that I can make a template from it. How do I do this?

For example, the "Pomona2" iTunes-like interface...

I can see the icons for say, a vol+ button. I can click on it, and even bring up the big list of icons/graphics with which I can replace the image with. However, I see of not way to dump that icon out to a file that I can open up in Photoshop. I tried CCFExplorer and CCFTools, but they view Tonto-edited/created CCF files as invalid files.

I want to extrac the images from the Pomona CCF file so I can basically use the SIZE & Layout of them, but replace them with my actual OWN graphics, but in the same layout as the iTunes skin.

Can someone please help?

Thanks,

Brain21

Mastiff
July 12th, 2005, 03:11 PM
At the top of the window where you can choose more icons you will see a button with the letters "Save" on it. That should be a hint... :roll: :wink:

brain21
July 12th, 2005, 07:42 PM
I saw the save button, but does that save the entire icon library, or just individual files/graphics?

Also, what format/extention do you save them in? The file type drop down is "All Files (*.*)" and the file name portion gives no extentions. For example in Photoshop (and most every win app) defaults to a file type (*.psd for example) UNLESS you select the all files option. With this, there is no option to select *.png or *.jpg,*.bmp, *.gif or whatever, so what file format to save to? I think Prontos use .bmp, but tonto also supports png, so how do I know? CCFTools extract the icons as gifs.

Thanks for any help.

Brain21

Mastiff
July 13th, 2005, 01:39 AM
Just try. It will normally save in the format that the original graphics was imported in, I think. And it saves one at a time.

Ben S
July 13th, 2005, 05:47 AM
If you really want to export graphics, I strongly suggest downloading the prerelease of the NetRemote designer and using it's image export facilities.

Tonto will not export 32 bit images correctly, and often saves corrupted files.