PDA

View Full Version : "Disable Plugin" doesn't work?

franzl
December 26th, 2005, 01:55 PM
Hello,

i have following problem with Girder 4: I wanted to disable the IRDVB-Plugin in order to use Progdvb (because both programs use the same device). So I used the TaskCreate Plugin in order to disable the IRDVB-Plugin. But the "Disable Plugin"-Command doesn't work. It just says "Plugin Disable Command sent" - but the Plugin is still enabled. In an earlier post it was recommended to use the devicedisable command - but i didn't find this command. So what to do to get ProgDVB running?

Thank you very much and please excuse the bad english

Franzl

Ron
December 26th, 2005, 05:51 PM
you are probably looking for UnloadPlugin. This must be used from Lua. HAve a look at the Manual under lua library reference gir.UnloadPlugin

franzl
December 26th, 2005, 07:41 PM
PERFECT!!!!!! This was exactly what I've been looking for! Thank you so much!!!!

One Question I still have: Is it normal Girder taking about 1 minute to be loaded? I already disabled all Plugins I don't need but it still takes ~1 minute to load (in this time you can't control Girder - it "hangs" completly - it's also impossible to minimize it in this time)

Thank you

Franzl

Promixis
December 26th, 2005, 09:23 PM
PERFECT!!!!!! This was exactly what I've been looking for! Thank you so much!!!!

One Question I still have: Is it normal Girder taking about 1 minute to be loaded? I already disabled all Plugins I don't need but it still takes ~1 minute to load (in this time you can't control Girder - it "hangs" completly - it's also impossible to minimize it in this time)

Thank you

Franzl

What OS are you using. Have you modified or add any scripts?

Can you disable ALL plugins and then enable one by one to determine which one is causing trouble?

franzl
December 26th, 2005, 10:17 PM
Okay - I just disabled all plugins but it still takes that long to be loaded. I didn't modify anything and I'm using Windows XP SP2 with disabled Firewall.

Thank you very much for your help

Franzl