PDA

View Full Version : how ot use IR commands in designer?

kurtlewis
March 28th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Quick questions- I am using a USB-UIRT on my server. i'm running the latest beta of NR / MB. Running NRIR on the server.

In the designer, I only see one IR command available to use in the left-hand column, which brings up a box to insert an IR code. The 'learn' box is greyed out.
So i'm assuming I have to extract my IR codes somehow and paste them in the box? Will this command send the pasted IR to NRIR and then transmit out my USB-UIRT?
How do I use the 'learn' function from within designer / should it not be greyed out?

Thanks in advance-

kurtlewis
March 28th, 2006, 05:48 PM
so i just re-installed everything- just to make sure something wasn't working right between NR - Girder or NR - NRIR

I see an action for my USB-UIRT in Girder, and I have added a remote in Girder with IR commands.
BUT- there is nowhere in NR (designer) to set up an action that maps to these IR settings in Girder- Or at very least set up a command that sends pass-through to NRIR.

I've tried reading the docs, but can;t find anything clear on how to do this-

Ben S
March 28th, 2006, 07:44 PM
If you intend on using IR passthrough, you only need to have IR codes in NRD. This can send directly to either NRIRServer or Girder depending on your config.

If you (instead) want Girder to send the IR, you can execute Girder events to have it fire the IR. You should be able to open the Girder plugin in NRD and see the events to send IR.

kurtlewis
March 28th, 2006, 09:14 PM
ok - i'm learning things slowly here... It's tough without some good 'read me' docs on specific things. thanks for your patience and help.

I just completed adding IR codes using the wizard in NRD. I'm again stumped though, since it only presented me with choices for pre-config walk-throughs for 'generic cable' - 'generic dvd' - and 'generic tv'. many buttons that I need to program were not listed in the walk-throughs- And I most importantly need to program functions for my preamp/processor!

Is there any way to add more 'wizard' items in, or go to the newly created IR pages and on-the-fly learn / add new functions?

kurtlewis
March 28th, 2006, 09:17 PM
shizz.. never mind- now that I have the usb-uirt installed on my local machine hosting NRd, the 'learn' button is no longer greyed out (slapping myself in the head)

Promixis
March 29th, 2006, 10:28 AM
shizz.. never mind- now that I have the usb-uirt installed on my local machine hosting NRd, the 'learn' button is no longer greyed out (slapping myself in the head)

:lol: