PDA

View Full Version : Wait for window not working?

Ron
October 13th, 2002, 04:55 PM
When using Wait for window, the time that you specify is the maximum time that Girder waits for the window to appear. Thus if you fill in 10.000 (10 secs) then Girder will wait a maximum of 10 seconds before continuing. If the window however appears after 1.5 seconds Girder will then immediately continue. So the timeout is a 'good thing' (tm).

Ron

Ron
Yeah, just pick some time within the program will definately start.

mflaster
I am trying to make my first Girder commands. For F11, I want to run a config app, click on a tab, then click on a radio button. For F12, I also run the sane config app, click on the tab, and then on a different radio button.

If the app is running, it works fine. (Running this config app when it's already running does nothing.)

If the app is *not* running, F11/F12 will start the app, but I have to push the key a second time (sometimes a third?) to get the action to happen.

It seems that my problem was that I need to wait for the window. So, my multi-command now reads:
1. Execute app
2. Wait for Window
3. Click on tab
4. Click on Radio

For 2, I have Wait for Window checked, and for Target, I have Name, Class Name, and Executable all checked and filled in.

Interesetingly enough, I also added a 1000 ms delay in the Wait. Now, when the app isn't running, it works _sometimes_, and doesn't work sometimes. But I obviously don't want an unnecessary 1000 ms delay.

Am I doing something obviously wrong?

Thanks!

Mike

mflaster
Ah, that makes sense!

So do you have a ballpark timeout you like to use to wait for a window to appear? Or do you just experiment?

Mike

mflaster
Thanks for the reply. The real reason I asked is that while it was working better, it still wasn't quite working - but I figured out the problem. Not only did I have to wait for the app to start, but after Girder clicked on the tab, I had to wait I guess for the other window to be created. With my 2 waits, now it works fine.

A separate question, which I guess I'll ask in another thread, is that when I captured the mouse click, I got both a button click event and some System Command. (I'm not in front of this computer now.) I imagine the System command would be better to generate, but it didn't seem to work.

I'll post more details in a different thread when I'm in front of the computer in question.

Thanks for the help!!!

Mike