PDA

View Full Version : dvdspy help?

Ron
October 13th, 2002, 04:55 PM
Yeah that should be [pld1]. [pld1] stands for payload 1. Some girder plugins send additional information along with an event. This additional information is called the payload. The DVDSpy plugin sends an payload along with the event.

Ron
To know what [pld#] stands for read the DVDSpy documentation.

Ron
I would say it is in there :-)

Check out the big table right somewhere in the middle of readme.htm

there are 4 colums in there and the last 2 are dedicated to the payload string.

Ron
I think that you are totally confused what payload is. you don't have to do anything really.

Please follow the getting started guide in the readme.htm, that shows you how to use the [pld#].

Ron
Please use the search function of your browser, type "Payload" at voila there it is. Believe me it is in there.

btw I removed the copy and paste because it was useless to add this here, it only uses diskspace.

Ron
Yeah that sounds about right. [pld1] is a variable ( if that rings a bell ), think of it as the memory function of your calculator, only now it also stores text instead of only numbers. If you want to learn more about this then read this page.

http://www.girder.nl/help/registers.php

It might be a little hard for first time users, so experiment around ;-)

Ron
Noone claimed that Girder is easy ;-)

Anyway, what information that you get depends on 2 things.

1. The program that you are running
2. The event that you catch

In the table in the readme.htm you can see what event for what program has what information. So if you would like to see the the ellapsed time of a track in ZoomPlayer, the table shows us that we need to learn the "ZoomPlayer.DVD.Elapsed" event and that the payload string 1, ( that is [pld1] ) contains New elapsed time (HH:MM:SS)

Thus using the LCD plugin ( or the Simple OSD if you want to see it on the monitor, cause if it works on the monitor it will also work on the LCD. ) you would learn the "Zoomplayer.dvd.elapsed" event and enter [pld1] in the approriate text box.

Ron
Maybe try to find the differences ????

Ron
Another thing what girder version are you running ?

SouthyPar
Only 3 Probs i don't know how to solve:
- showing infos of the file (Media mode) what is currently played show me e.g a d:ÖfilmeÖoctupussy.mpg instead of d:\filme\octupussy.mpg
Its not possible to display \,ö,ä and so on

Hmmmm... I remember someone saying that you can do this task (converting a file's full path to just the file name) with a filter that exists inside the LCD software... but perhaps I'm wrong. Look it up.
Anyways, you can still do this by using the Girder Variable Manipulation Script, so read up on it a bit. If you still have problems, I'll work something out for you.

- i want to display a text and the time in the first line all the time . Solved this by making an OnGirderOpen referring to an headline with LCD plugin settings -> current date/Time Text %#I:%M%p.
Works great on starting Girder. But while closing e.g. Zoomplayer the display is closed, too and it took the timeout set at OnGirderOpen to display my headline again. Any better idea?

I don't really understand how you've done the time display thing - have you just thrown it into a loop which updates the time every second, OnGirderOpen? Anyways, why can't you do the same thing on ZoomPlayer.Close and Winamp.Close?

- While playing a media file with Zoomplayer the ZoomPlayer.OSD event doesn't display anything. Pause and Play the file again in Zoomplayer will show immediatly the needed info. While playing a DVD and using the ZoomPlayer.DVD.Domain event there is no such behavior.

Well is OSD enabled in ZoomPlayer? Can you actually see the OSD text in ZoomPlayer?

SouthyPar
About your time display... If GoTo doesn't work for you, how about simply adding a ZoomPlayer.Close event to your command that displays the current time? (Not the Alarm Timer command, just the actual Time Display command\multigroup.

About ZPlayer\DVDSpy.. I just checked and you're right... I'm using 2.60 release candidate 1 and no ZoomPlayer.OSD here either.

We'll have to ask MMcM.

marlboro
Hi,
I'm really new to Girder :oops:

Right now i'm runnning a HTPC with
Windvd - Remoteselector -Irman
MediaBox - Girder - keyboard plugin

The Remoteselector displays infos of WinDVD on my CY 20x4.

Next weekend i try to change my config:
Winamp - Zoomplayer - dscaler - Mediabox with Girder, Irman and dvdspy.
I really worry about the dvdspy part to feed my CY 20x4.

So i want to ask before doing something wrong:
- disable Remoteselector / install LCDriver / enable Irman plugin within Girder
- import the new (Blight's) ZP .gml
- learn events for every needed command
- enable LCDplugin for Girder
- add the DVDSpy.dll, DisplaySpyHook.dll, DVDSpy.reg and the MediaSpy.dll
- import the DVD2LCD.GML and delete everything except Zoomplayer and perhaps the clock (why are there so many empty directories???)

So right now, my LCD will show infos if Zoomplayer is started and playing e.g an .mpg file or a DVD???

Confused :-?

Marlboro

marlboro
@MMcM

just tested a little bit with DVDspy and OSD Popup.

In your Readme yo wrote:

Replace Place text here with [pl1]

shouldn't it be [pld1] ????

Where do i know what [pld1] stand for ????

Marlboro

marlboro
mmh, will test DVDspy with my LCD this weekand.

But how to know -> what [pldx] stands for ?

I realy hope to configure my LCD Display like this:
--Text--
DVD Name
Time to remain Time Playing
Play / Pause / Stop / Fast Forward / Fast Back

or something like this

BTW: Blights Zoomplayer exported group works perfect

Marlboro

marlboro
To know what [pld#] stands for read the DVDSpy documentation.

Hmm thats my problem.

Perhaps I'm totally blind but i only can find the readme after unzipping DVDspy under DVDSpy\plugins\hardware\DVDSpy\readme.htm

And after reading this html-file round about 10 times I'm not able to find the answers :cry:

Marlboro

marlboro
I think i know what you mean.

e.g.
Code Meaning Payload String 1 Payload String 2
ZoomPlayer.DVD.Domain Domain changed New domain (PLAY,MENU,DVD,STOP)

the 4th column is empty

So e.g. taking Elapsed time.

line in Events description:
ZoomPlayer.DVD.Elapsed Position changed New elapsed time (HH:MM:SS)
how to identify this with [pld1] ???

Marlboro

P.S.: nice support thx Ron.

marlboro
Yes, you are right.

Just copy&paste the whole Readme...

Can't find anything about Payload:

edit: Ron (removed copy paste ).

marlboro
Thx Ron for your patience.

So plz tell me if i'm right:
First i thought there is a [pld#] for each function.
Now after testing with OSD Plugin i think there is only one pld -> [pld1]
To display more than one info i've got to add a multicommand and to 'Set Text Reg' with a number.
After that I add an command and under 'Settings' for OSD Plugin i add all my Text Regs with [treg'mynumber']

Right?

Marlboro

marlboro
Only a little bit of more patience, please ?

OK,
-just installed LCDriver 1.2 (used it a long time ago with LCDCenter) - works flawless - configured and tested with the Visual Basic Test Program.
- installed the LCD Plugin, the DVDSpy Plugin and the Send Message Plugin
- import the DVD2LCD.gml (even tested the DVD Information getter Script)
- Start Zoomplayer
- no Display activity :(
- tested the DVDSpy with OSD (dvd2osd.gml) works perfect.

-installed the logger Plugin and tested again with LCD:
-> e.g. Dev: 15 ZoomPlayer.Media.Elapsed 18:24:45 Wednesday, May 15, 2002 Pld1: 00:00:19

anything else have to be configured for the LCD plugin itself?

THX
Marlboro

marlboro
Ok

now i'm totally confused.
Would be great if there is a chat to help a dummy like me...

Can't get the DVD2LCD.gml to work.
Can't get the DVD Information getter to work.

What I've got.
-just installed everything new
- made one command with Zoomplayer elapsed time
- under settings of the LCD plugin wrote [pld1]
works great

How to (really do not understand the given DVD2LCD.gml) make a screen with different informations? (And perhaps exit them after closing Zoomplayer)?

Only answer if you have too much time or compassion :)

Marlboro

marlboro
Just (don't know why) tested the dvd2lcd.gml with different soft (only want to use it with zoomplayer)

Windvds infos are displayed fine.
Winamp (yes-plugin installed) only the track number

Really hard to understand for beginners.

Marlboro

marlboro
Yes Ron,

thats my problem.
Its working fine with only one command i wrote (using my LCD).
The given DVD2OSD is running fine.
The given DVD2LCD is running only with winamp (only track number) and Windvd.

Would be great to find a .gml for e.g. standard - Date/Time - Zoomplayer - all infos Zoom is able to give - Winamp - all infos winamp is able to give...

Its really hard to understand why windvd shows infos on my LCD and Zoom not.

:-? Marlboro

marlboro
Girder 3.1.3c
even tested 3.2.0beta2

mmh find the difference.
Just deleted the single commands of the dvd2lcd and choose the new event from the list. no chance

Marlboro

marlboro
There must be something wrong with the settings under LCD plugin within the Zoomplayer group.
e.g. Zoomplayer.Domain Type String / value empty
Zoomplayer.Title.Number Type String Register / value 1
Zoomplayer.Chapter.Number Type String Register / value 1
Zoomplayer.OSD Type Payload / value 1

and so on

BTW should the DVD Information getter should work right out of the box?

Marlboro

marlboro
Perhaps this is my problem with the original DVD2LCD:

Starting Zoomplayer and playing an .avi file Girder jumps beetween the command elapsed/file/duration all this three commands have an goto/register 1 (greyed)/Icon/Device empty / Name empty everytime Girder jumps to one of this three commands there is the message 'Command not found' in the status.

So to all the experts (i know that must be boring you): What to change?

Marlboro

marlboro
Perhaps the last little bit patience, please ? :oops:

This is what i've got:
Yeaah it rocks.
My Display now shows infos on DVD/Media Infos while playing with Zoomplayer and infos while using winamp. This rocks.

Only 3 Probs i don't know how to solve:
- showing infos of the file (Media mode) what is currently played show me e.g a d:ÖfilmeÖoctupussy.mpg instead of d:\filme\octupussy.mpg
Its not possible to display \,ö,ä and so on

- i want to display a text and the time in the first line all the time . Solved this by making an OnGirderOpen referring to an headline with LCD plugin settings -> current date/Time Text %#I:%M%p.
Works great on starting Girder. But while closing e.g. Zoomplayer the display is closed, too and it took the timeout set at OnGirderOpen to display my headline again. Any better idea?

- While playing a media file with Zoomplayer the ZoomPlayer.OSD event doesn't display anything. Pause and Play the file again in Zoomplayer will show immediatly the needed info. While playing a DVD and using the ZoomPlayer.DVD.Domain event there is no such behavior.

Would be great to find the answers.

THX
Marlboro

marlboro
THX SouthyPar for taking time to teach the Girder newbie No 1.....

Hmmmm... I remember someone saying that you can do this task (converting a file's full path to just the file name) with a filter that exists inside the LCD software... but perhaps I'm wrong. Look it up.
Anyways, you can still do this by using the Girder Variable Manipulation Script, so read up on it a bit. If you still have problems, I'll work something out for you.

Must be blind.
Great result - File Payload is the string.....

I don't really understand how you've done the time display thing - have you just thrown it into a loop which updates the time every second, OnGirderOpen? Anyways, why can't you do the same thing on ZoomPlayer.Close and Winamp.Close?

This is what i've done:
- create a command 'OnOpenGirder' using the plugin Alarm Timer 1.2. Set the Timer ID to 1 / Timeout (ms) to 60000 / On Start/Cancel/End link to my headline
- the headline is an command using the LCDplugin - set Type to Current Date/Time / Value to 'TEXT %#I:%M%p' / Row 0 Column 2 Rest of Line

With this configuration following happens
- Windows Starts and Girder is set to autostart with Windows.
- My Text and the Time appears immediatly.
- Opening Zoomplayer shows me the needed infos
- Closing Zoomplayer close the display, too and i have to wait 60000ms to see my text and the time again.

So i tried to configure the Zoomplayer.Close Display with a Girder command 'Goto' my headline. But i still have to wait 60000ms to see it.

Well is OSD enabled in ZoomPlayer? Can you actually see the OSD text in ZoomPlayer?

Yes, the OSD is enabled and i can see the OSD text.
Sad to say that this problem does no longer exist. Just upgraded to Zoomplayer 2.60 RC1. Now there is no chance to display anything with the DVDSpy using Zoomplayer.OSD
Anyone can confirm this behavior?

THX
Marlboro

marlboro
mmmh, really can't understand.
Testing the Time command works at once, but an goto this command while close.display in Zoom does not.

Got some problems with Zoom also.

Everything plays just fine without configuring anything.
Everything?? No, would be great.
I've got alot of stuff on my HD. Avis mpegs divx etc.

All my avis and divx play just fine. But my mpegs - perhaps 80% play fine the rest not. While test to play some of the 20% Zoomplayer does not react anymore. While test the other part of the 20% Zoomplayer says:
Unable to create filters for [d:\filme\film.mpg]!

The Option DVD/DVD Setup is configured as: 'use system default (Automatic DVD Graph)'.
The Option Manual Filters is configured as 'Disabled'

WinDVD plays the faulty mpegs just fine. I read a lot of stuff and that there are problems to play SVCDs with Zoom, but i thought to copy the mpeg out of the SVCD would fix this problem.

Marlboro

marlboro
Problem solved by installing the elcard Player.

Would be great if someone know the answer to this problem:
just tested the insert event with the following command:
C:\Programme\ZoomPlayer\zplayer.exe e:\mpeg2\*.mpg

Girder says something like command not found....
Cut copy and paste this command at Start/'Ausführen' works perfect...

Any idea?

marlboro