PDA

View Full Version : audio confirmation of commands

Amok
October 13th, 2002, 04:55 PM
I would like to recieve an audio confirmation of girder commands as they are executed (beeps or robotic text to speech could work - prerecorded audio files would be better)
The output should be played on the default wave device (a SB audigy) that may or may not be playing an mp3 from winamp.
Having a separate program running for this would kinda cumbresome , maybe some app minimized in the tray that responds to Wm messages or key strokes.

The reason for this is that it would be nice to enter comands without a display and have some feedback.
Ive read something about the "say" plugin , but i could not find it in the downloads section.
Any toughts?

Amok
yes!
I missed that feature!
it works great, end of story.

vynce
There are several ways that you could do this. If you just wanted a beep or something every time a command was executed you could create a new command that used Girder's Play Wav function (O.S. Tab) that was executed on every event.

The say plugin is bundled with Girder (In v3.2 it is, I'm not sure about previous versions though). You could set one of these up at the end of each multicommand to notify you of the command that was just executed. You could also use pre-recorded messages in a similar and play them back using the Play Wav function.