PDA

View Full Version : Noob! Need some custom Girder work!

jasonlaronde
November 11th, 2007, 09:33 AM
I made a rather generic post a few days ago but through some more research it looks like I was on the wrong track. I've tried to figure out this Girder thing but I'm just not getting it...

Looks like I've figured out what I need but there is no way I'm gonna figure out how to do it my self. I'm just not a coder!

I wish to put a touch LCD on my wall in my home theater room with the netremote MCE skin with three tabs. One or Lights, One for Screen Control, one for Projector Control (We could call them "Lights", "Screen" and "Projector"... very original :-)

Under Projector I would like to have 5 buttons.

Here are the text strings to be sent.

Power On:
02h 00h 00h 00h 00h 02h

Power Off:
02h 01h 00h 00h 00h 03h

Input RGB:
02h 03h 00h 00h 02h 01h 01h 09h

Input Video:
02h 03h 00h 00h 02h 01h 06h 0eh

Input S-Video:
02h 03h 00h 00h 02h 01h 0bh 13h

19200 bps
8-bits
Non-parity
Stop Bit = 1
X On/Off: None
COM: Full Duplex

Under Screen, I would like to have three buttons... which will click relays on the QKits VK013 Serial Relay Card and I think these are the commands at 9600 baud.

I will wire each relay on the card to a button inside the screen controller to simulate the button being pressed. I'm not sure if the "wait" is nesissary in Girder. It just has to simulate a click.

Screen Up:
N1 #turns relay one on
wait #slight pause
F1 #turns relay one off

Screen Down:
N2 #turns relay two on
wait #slight pause
F2 #turns relay two off

Stop:
N3 #turns relay three on
wait #slight pause
F3 #turns relay three off

Under Lights, I would like to have two buttons, "Lights On" and "Lights Off". This will turn the fourth relay on the card on and off to turn my in-wall theater lighting on and off.

Lights On:
N4 #turns relay four on

Lights Off:
N4 #turns relay four off

Anyway... thats the dream... but I have no experience to pull it off... I have the 30 day trial downloaded to try it out.

I'm willing to learn but I need a super helping hand.

Cheers and thanks in advance...

Jay

jasonlaronde
November 11th, 2007, 09:35 AM
sorry... to turn the lights OFF would be

F4