PDA

View Full Version : Way to Open Display Properties Settings?

tpate
November 16th, 2007, 09:01 AM
Is there a way to have Girder open (in WinXP) the Settings Tab of the Display Properties window?

I looked at properties of a desktop shortcut to Display Properties and the target is shown only as "Display" rather than any real address.

Tried targeting the open Settings window with Girder but couldn't get that to work... maybe using wrong command?

Thanks.

tpate
November 21st, 2007, 05:43 PM
Please can someone help with this request?

NeoMorph
November 21st, 2007, 06:19 PM
What are you actually trying to do?

I've had a quick look at the actions in G5 to see if it's possible and can't find any way to open the Display Properties screen but if there is something specific you want to do maybe there is another way to do it.

tpate
November 23rd, 2007, 03:10 PM
Thanks for the reply, Neo...

I'm using PowerStrip to change screen resolutions on the PC and, for some reason, at bootup, the PowerStrip commands will not work (from PowerStrip menu, or with hotkeys and shortcuts that call the powerstrip command) UNTIL I open Display Properties Settings Tab... then they all work fine. Don't have to actually DO anything within the display properties settings window.

I'm also trying to get help on the PowerStrip forum to attack the problem more directly, but a workaround would be to get Girder to open the display settings window prior to calling powerstrip hotkeys or shortcut.