PDA

View Full Version : Keyselector Plugin

Ron
October 13th, 2002, 04:55 PM
Hi Jason,

Quick question, i've been playing with the keyselector plugin, but i'm having
some problems with it. First lets see if i know what it is supposed to do.

It should work like those SMS cell phone keypads.

Press 1, 1 time (within 500ms or so),-> Display(send) 1st char
Press 1, 2 times (within 500ms or so),-> Display(send) 2nd char
Press 1, 3 times (within 500ms or so),-> Display(send) 3nd char

So if i press 3 times within the timeout it should display the 3rd char.

If that is so then i'm having problems getting that to function like this.
Because it always display all chars, this if i press 3 times within the
timeout the plugin sends all 3 of the chars,... is that what you wanted to it to do ? Is it possible to add a checkbox to select the other method ?

Thanks,
Ron

Ron.

Ron
Sorry I was using notepad...

And I am not seeing an selecting/moving of the cursor. Only the chars get added...

I'll get spy++ to take a look.

-Ron

Ron
I'm using Win2k.

infrared
Hm.. It shouldn't be sending all three characters. It works for me, let me go check out the source code and see why/how it would be doing that..

Jason

infrared
Hmm.. weird.. Let me ask you a coupla questions.. If you keep pressing the button, do each of the characters loop through the selected character or does the character get added on to the end? Also, what program are you trying to type into? I know notepad works for sure because it handles the messages I send properly.. The way I do it is I select the last character and then when you press the button again the program pretends liek you typed the next character and then it selects again and if its inactive for 500ms or whatever it deselects and moves the cursor to the right.. Anyway, can ya give me some more details? thanks a bunch!

Jason

infrared
Whoa.. What operating system? I use notepad on mine and it works perfectly under win98.. I thought those sendmessage routines were global through all win OSs? I'll go research on what could be tha problem..

jason