View Full Version : Please HELP !!! I am always getting "Cannot read 1st c
November 14th, 2002, 09:43 PM
Could any one help me.
I have purchased a UIRT2 from Luc a few months ago, everythhing was woking fine, but for no reason, I am now getting "Cannot read 1st char" when I start Girder 3.2.4.
This as been working fine for months, but now I really don't know how to fix this problem, the UIRT2 will not work.
November 15th, 2002, 05:37 AM
If nothing special has happened then it looks like something died, a few things to try:
- If you use a 3 wire cable, remove the power completely from the PC to reset the PIC.
- check if the testprogram works.
- Try to reprogram the PIC (full cable required)
- If all the above fail then there's probably an electronics problem
November 16th, 2002, 08:59 AM
1. Nothing special has happened.
2. I did reset the PIC many, many times and it does not work.
3. The test program works.
4. I so not know how to reprogram the PIC and What is a full cable ??
I believe that there is someting wrong with the unit, because everything was working fine since I received the unit, but it stopped working for no reason.
Could I ship the unit back to you? My entire home theatre system is driven by this piece of hardware and I am completely down right now. :cry:
Please reply as soon as you can.
If we cannot fix the problem, could you email me you mailing address and I will ship the unit back to ASAP,
Thanks very much in advance for your help,
November 18th, 2002, 08:52 AM
Does the test program show the received characters from the UIRT?
If I remember correct it should say "sending XYZ" and then "received ABC" or something like this.
A full cable is a cable with all 9 pins connected (pin to pin).
Of course you can send it back for investigation.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.