PDA

View Full Version : newbie help

Ron
October 13th, 2002, 04:55 PM
Welcome to the new internet of Web interfaces. (Ironically Jim Ellis passed away today.. the co-founder of Usenet Read more (http://slashdot.org/articles/01/06/29/151249.shtml))

gxr: Because this way you don't have to reinvent the actions, these can be tricky to make sometimes. So that is the reason that the .gxr files exists.

The pc_tv_radio is just like the code that
you assign to the action when you press
"learn event" but only from a Haugppage PC_TV
card. The guy who created the .gxr file assignd that code.

I'm not aware of any locksups of Girder in the amount that you are describing. There might be the odd lockup, but that is mostly
related to plugins. Of misconfiguration of actions.

Win2K should work just fine as Girder is being developed on Win2k.

-Ron

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RonB on 2001-06-30 09:55 ]</font>

kwerner
October 13th, 2002, 04:55 PM
Man I hate these discussion groups that have taken over what usenet newsgroups were perfectly good at. I accidentally clicked on a link and when I hit back, my whole message is gone, grrrrrrr.

Anyway, I'll try this again...

-Why have gxr files? Don't I have to teach girder with my remote anyway? For example I load the winamp plugin, I have to train it to work with my remote. I have to set the path to winamp.

-Before I try to teach it a command, the dot matrix area shows something like "pc tv_radio_mo", after I train it it has some code. What does the "pc tv_radio_mo" mean?

-Does girder lock up a lot? I'm running on winme and I have had to reboot about 5 times while trying to get girder to do something. I've about had it with winme anyway, I've gotten so used to win2k on my main desktop and at work. I thought I'd try winme on my htpc since it probably works better with some apps. I think it'll be win2k before long and I'll deal with any limitations this causes.

I apologize for the negative tone of this message, its just frustrating getting this to work. I;m sure once I get through it once it will all seem trivial.

Thanks,
Kevin