PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard events; how to hide keypres output

spiryt
July 8th, 2003, 10:49 AM
Hello,

I just defined some keyboard triggered events, however when I press the shortcut which eg plays next track in winamp (LWIN+X) the X key is beeing passed to foreground app as well. So if I am writting an email and want to change track in winamp i got X at the cursor. Is it possible to block it somehow ? I just want a keyboard shortcut which does not interfere with the rest of running apps. i know there are winamp pluging which do that but i also want an osd with current track to pop up when I change it, so I would rather use girder to do it than a winamp plugin.

Thanks A lot in advance...

Simon

Liickdude
July 8th, 2003, 11:22 AM
If using winamp, use the sendmessage plugin to send commands direct to winamp, that way you dont have to send keyboard commands at all. Learn to use the sendmessage plugin and you will find yourself using it for any app that supports it, it makes girder much more useful once you figure it out.

spiryt
July 8th, 2003, 12:42 PM
I do control winamp through winamp messages. However I want to be able to control winamp not only through the remote but also from keyboard. That is why crucial (for me) winamp commands have multiple events attached to them, one for remote and another for keyboard shorcut. The problem is when I press the shortcut eg LWIN+X, the letter X is entered into currently running aplication, if its winamp or a browser then it's not a big problem but if its an editor or file requester or anything else that expects input. it's annoying at best.

Promixis
July 8th, 2003, 05:26 PM
try the extended keyboard plugin.

spiryt
July 8th, 2003, 07:51 PM
Thanks, it does not solve the problem completely but it helped. At least combinations WIN+Arrow Keys are not scrolling active window. As for the rest. the letter keys are still being send to the foreground app. Seems to be a bug with the driver.

Thank You For the tip.