View Full Version : Latest MediaCenter Betarefuses to load plugin. [resolved]
March 6th, 2003, 05:30 AM
I just decided to tryout mediacenter and downloaded the latest beta of Media Center build 124.
It refuses to load the WebRemote plugin with error "Unsupported plugin type. The plugin can not be installed."
Anybody else had this problem?
March 6th, 2003, 10:11 AM
That's why NR is not working with MC9! I never noticed that the plugin was not loaded. I tried it and got the same result as you. I think this has been reported in Interact forum, but we should report it there nonetheless. I'd recommend going back to build 121, which was one of the most stable betas. I think the link is still there in the forum.
March 7th, 2003, 12:36 PM
I don't see a post on the MJB forum referring to this. Can you post a link K-Wood?
Meanwhile I'll send Matt (an MJB developer) an email about this.
Thanks for bring it to my attention.
March 8th, 2003, 10:36 AM
Taking a look here:
it only goes back to 122. That might already be better than 124, haven't tried yet.
March 11th, 2003, 08:28 PM
I have sent an email to Matt at J-River asking about this. I'll post more when I hear more.
March 15th, 2003, 01:00 PM
I managed to solve the problem with latest version of mediacenter not loading the webremote plugin. Found a thread on jrivers forum about it.
Apperently it adds it registry settings in the wrong place.
The plugin adds it here:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\J. River\Music Exchange\1.0\Media Jukebox\Plugins\Interface\Web Remote
To make it work and load the plugin
copy everything in to this path instead:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\J. River\Media Jukebox\Plugins\Interface\Web Remote
Then it will load up the next time you start mediacenter.
March 16th, 2003, 10:47 AM
I solved it another way: I tried to do a fresh install of MC9 beta 129on another computer, but couldn't get webremote to work. So I simply uninstalled it, installed version 109 and got webremote working on that, then installed 129 on top of it. No problemo.
March 17th, 2003, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the find, eLupus.
I just fixed the WebRemote code to install to both registry areas, for now. It also includes a fix by Warren for a buffer overflow issue.
You should be able to download from the main page and have it install correctly for all versions, now.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.