PDA

View Full Version : Why do I see the first JRMC instance even if I start no. 2?

Mastiff
September 23rd, 2004, 07:17 AM
I often fire up my PPC to start music in the bedroom in my pillow at night (headphone in the pillow - I have annoying tinnitus and sound helps me sleep at the same time as the pillow system won't keep my wife awake), and every time I go straight into the second instance of JRMC, ID 11, which is my HTPC - the one connected to the bedroom. But the first 3-5 seconds or so I see the info from the Server, which is the instance with ID 10. I'm pretty sure this is something introduced in the latter part of the RC (1) cycle, and it doesn't happen on the Win32 version.

Jlee
September 23rd, 2004, 08:22 AM
I often fire up my PPC to start music in the bedroom in my pillow at night (headphone in the pillow ....I knew you were crazy but this really takes the biscuit. I bet you have one in the headboard too for when... you know...

Mastiff
September 23rd, 2004, 08:25 AM
Nah, I have a TV for that:
and then well do it doggy style so we can both watch X-Files (Bloodhound Gang)

But seriously if you haven't got tinnitus you have no idea how annoying it is with silence.

Ben S
September 23rd, 2004, 08:57 AM
How do you go straight into the other instance? A button from the homepanel that goes into instance 2?

Mastiff
September 23rd, 2004, 09:02 AM
Yes. On the PPC I use the original Mastiff.ccf that's uploaded to the forum. The first page chooses between three instances of JRMC and a bunch of other stuff. It's mainly jump buttons plus exit and toggle full screen.