PDA

View Full Version : Next Project

BarryD99
October 5th, 2004, 07:05 PM
Moving right along. I've got MCE, Power Point, Zoom Player, and Rhapsody all working thru Girder and my MX-800. None have been particularly easy for me, but I am getting more familier with Girder.

Now i'd like to do something that I would have thought to be simple, but can't seem to get it to work.

Running XP Professional

Log Off command under OS tab works fine, so I think I understand the Tab

Please explain the Monitor On and Monitor Off commands under the OS tab to me.

If I test the Monitor Off, The Screen goes blank for a a second or so, but then comes back on.

If I physically turn off the Monitor (with the power button on the monitor) and then try to issue the power on command nothing happens.

I guessing this may be a windows issue, not a Girder problem, but can you give me a clue.

Thanks

Promixis
October 5th, 2004, 08:20 PM
Barry,

Download the Lua Windows Function plugin and look at the example file for away to turn off the monitor.

JimHugh
October 5th, 2004, 10:17 PM
Barry, what are you using to trigger the Monitor Off/On commands?

If you are using the kb or mouse, it will sense those as actions to turn the monitor back on! (i.e. F5 Test Command)

If you are using the remote then I don't know what it is doing, but a Logger trace might help...

Treetop
October 5th, 2004, 10:59 PM
If I test the Monitor Off, The Screen goes blank for a a second or so, but then comes back on.

My guess..
You are touching the mouse/keyboard after the command is sent. If I send this command using my remote, then pick up the mouse, to put it on the cradle (its a RF gyration), it would register as a "wake-up"

I still use it, but now I know either to put the mouse on the recharge cradle first, or just let it be...

BarryD99
October 6th, 2004, 06:59 PM
Using a button on my MCE remote

one button press generates the following

is this my rc5 problem?

19:44:20.687 Wednesday, October 06, 2004 EVENT: Dev: 202 0000000E
19:44:20.687 Wednesday, October 06, 2004 EVENT: Dev: 80 MCE000002EA00
19:44:20.687 Wednesday, October 06, 2004 EVENT: Dev: 124 AE0000Z