Thread: How do I learn with the HID plug-in?

Default How do I learn with the HID plug-in?

I have been using GKIR-XP by BoomSmurf (who seems to have gone under ground) for Girder 3, since that can distinguish between three different keypads connected to the computer (one Trust, one Case Logic and one Logitech BlueTooth). It works under G 4 as well, but Girder crashes on every exit (there has been problems with GKIR-XP under Girder 3.3 as well, with "Memory could not be read" with unrelated programs and windows when it's running). So as you may understand, I can't use that.

But I discovered that the HID plug-in saw my two USB keypads as separate devices, so I think this may be it. I'm crossing my fingers hoping this may be it! Can somebody please tell me how I learn with that? Clicking "Learn" only learns the keyboard codes.
    Tor - managing director of the Cinema Inferno home theater and multi-zone sound system with Girder running the show in the back, NetRemote as the GUI and Media Center 17, PowerDVD and ZoomPlayer as playback software
    Hobsyssel mastiffs: http://www.hobsyssel.no

First we should check if these things even send data. ( My mouse is HID but I do not see any data ). So go to the HID plugin and select on of the devices and click on edit. Then check the enabled box and press okay.

Try generating some events to see if you are getting an event. Note the default code generates 'EventString' to actually be usefull we'll need to do more, but lets start here.
    Ron
    No support through PM

If you mean to click Learn (a button that desperately needs a down state, btw) nothing happens on one of the entries for the keypad. The other one I get "Device does not have readwrite access".
    Tor - managing director of the Cinema Inferno home theater and multi-zone sound system with Girder running the show in the back, NetRemote as the GUI and Media Center 17, PowerDVD and ZoomPlayer as playback software

Then it will not work.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Please read this with Donald Duck's voice: "#&/%"#/&"€#%&/"€/&"€/(%!!!! :cry:

Will there be a keyboard driver that can distinguish between keypads like the GKIR-XP? If not, I'm stuck with Girder 3 on that carputer.

I do not know how that plugin worked. Maybe we can get the original author involved in porting to G4? Or giving some hints as to how he did things.
    Ron
    No support through PM

That would probably mean that we had to get hold of him. I have tried to e-mail him a few times, and PM him, and I haven't gotten an answer since last fall, I think. :cry: