Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Any general problem with search/replace with device ID?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Risør - Norway
    Posts
    5,343

    Default Any general problem with search/replace with device ID?

    I'm trying to search/replace in my favourite XML editor, Peter's XML editor, and it usually works, but trying to replace all instances of "232" with "200" renders the file useless. Girder's unable to parse it. And I have tried using Device="232" as well, so it isn't because it's replacing too much. Anybody got an idea why this happens?

    Edit: I have also tried a regular textbased editor called Ccy Text Editor that's supposed to work with XML, but I get the same problem.
    Tor - managing director of the Cinema Inferno home theater and multi-zone sound system with Girder running the show in the back, NetRemote as the GUI and Media Center 17, PowerDVD and ZoomPlayer as playback software
    Hobsyssel mastiffs: http://www.hobsyssel.no

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cardigan, UK
    Posts
    9,278

    Default

    What happens if you just save the file from one of those editors without making any significant changes?
    --Rob

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Risør - Norway
    Posts
    5,343

    Default

    I have done search/replace of tons of LUA code (like strsub to string.sub), and that gives me no problems. I just now expoted a very small group, and first changed something else. No problem. Then I changed the Device="232" to 200, and it won't import. This time the error is "A GMLE with the same identifier is opened already!" - even though I have closed all GML's and restarted Girder. There is something weird about chancing those devices.

    Oh, and I get the same problem with Girder 3.3, it seems...
    Tor - managing director of the Cinema Inferno home theater and multi-zone sound system with Girder running the show in the back, NetRemote as the GUI and Media Center 17, PowerDVD and ZoomPlayer as playback software
    Hobsyssel mastiffs: http://www.hobsyssel.no

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cardigan, UK
    Posts
    9,278

    Default

    I suspect it's something in the <Binary></Binary> that's causing the problem in that case.
    --Rob

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Risør - Norway
    Posts
    5,343

    Default

    Eh? ops: Anyway, do you think it's possible to get around it? A couple of hundred event strings would be a lot easier to change with a simple search replace than one by one...
    Tor - managing director of the Cinema Inferno home theater and multi-zone sound system with Girder running the show in the back, NetRemote as the GUI and Media Center 17, PowerDVD and ZoomPlayer as playback software
    Hobsyssel mastiffs: http://www.hobsyssel.no

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cardigan, UK
    Posts
    9,278

    Default

    Probably not. We'll have to wait for Ron to get back for a definitive answer though.
    --Rob

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Risør - Norway
    Posts
    5,343

    Default

    I was afraid of that... Anyway, I feel sorry for the guy...when he's back from his holiday he's gonna need another one pretty soon! :wink:
    Tor - managing director of the Cinema Inferno home theater and multi-zone sound system with Girder running the show in the back, NetRemote as the GUI and Media Center 17, PowerDVD and ZoomPlayer as playback software
    Hobsyssel mastiffs: http://www.hobsyssel.no

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    11,560

    Default

    try using the xml editor to delete all references to binary. this will force girder to recompile the scripots.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Risør - Norway
    Posts
    5,343

    Default

    Wouldn't that mean that I'm doing almost as much work there as I would do changingthe event IDs manually? Also, I tried to remove all the binary stuff (between <Binary Encoding="Base64"> and </Binary>), but that didn't help. And when I open the file after again in the XML editor after an attempted import I see "An invalid character was found in text conent." And there's four bars in front of "<?xml version =".
    Tor - managing director of the Cinema Inferno home theater and multi-zone sound system with Girder running the show in the back, NetRemote as the GUI and Media Center 17, PowerDVD and ZoomPlayer as playback software
    Hobsyssel mastiffs: http://www.hobsyssel.no

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Risør - Norway
    Posts
    5,343

    Default

    Thanks for the tip about the binaries, though! Now it's a lot easier to add more zones to the playlist selecter, since I won't have to manually re-compile everything. I made a template without binaries, and it all goes a lot faster! Pure search & replace, and it works out of the XML editor.
    Tor - managing director of the Cinema Inferno home theater and multi-zone sound system with Girder running the show in the back, NetRemote as the GUI and Media Center 17, PowerDVD and ZoomPlayer as playback software
    Hobsyssel mastiffs: http://www.hobsyssel.no

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •