Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mouse movement to mimic ATI Remote Wonder?

Default Mouse movement to mimic ATI Remote Wonder?

I am trying to test Girder 4 and the additional mouse functions. The program is a bit different then Girder 3. What is a quick method that I can use to test if my ATI remote wonder, using generic X10 drives and Generic X10 plugin What is a quick way to set it up so I can test how well the new built in mouse features work?

Thanks,
    Deam

I haden't yet tried it, but it took about 35 minutes to get up and running - 15 minutes finding the remote receiver, 15 minutes finding the &%#" remote (why are they never on the same place?!) and five minutes to install the ATI 1-4-0-0 drivers, do a reboot, remove the "Start with windows" in the ATI remote app and enable the plug-in. The events were there at once, but I have a problem: When holding down one of the mouse buttons, I get little and slow movements and a lot of this:
    Code:
    Error in gir_compare: Access violation at adress 05491262 in module 'X10-Remotes.dll'. Read of adress 00000001.
    Pressing any button quickly will give me first the down event, then four of those and finally the up event. And holding down any button will give mouse movement to the left. Probably the wrong driver, huh?
    Tor - managing director of the Cinema Inferno home theater and multi-zone sound system with Girder running the show in the back, NetRemote as the GUI and Media Center 17, PowerDVD and ZoomPlayer as playback software
    Hobsyssel mastiffs: http://www.hobsyssel.no

Quote Originally Posted by Mastiff
    Code:
    Error in gir_compare: Access violation at adress 05491262 in module 'X10-Remotes.dll'. Read of adress 00000001.
    Pressing any button quickly will give me first the down event, then four of those and finally the up event. And holding down any button will give mouse movement to the left. Probably the wrong driver, huh?
    I have the same problem but not only with mouse movements but also with every other ATI-wonder Button.

These errors are flushing the logger window as long as I press any button. Anyone else an idea?

Sorry, I should have clarified: I too have them on every button.
    Tor - managing director of the Cinema Inferno home theater and multi-zone sound system with Girder running the show in the back, NetRemote as the GUI and Media Center 17, PowerDVD and ZoomPlayer as playback software

Hm, that is not good

Another item on the list for Ron when he returns.

This is using the x10 plugin that comes with G4?

Can you guys try the x10 plugin thats available for G3?

If you mean the genx10.dll, I get "Plugin Open failed" for that one. I don't suppose you want me to test the fossilized ATI plug-in that relied on the ATI program. That's another system, I think.

I am NOT using the ATI software at all. Only x10 drivers for the USB receiver, and the built in generic X10 plugin. Is it necessary to have the ATI software to get the mouse movement?

No, you don't need the ati software.

I wonder if we introduced a bug into the x10 plugin... it was working fine :x but I don't think Ron or I have the ATI RWI to test.

You probably have to delete the standard G4 x10 plugin to try the old one

If there isn't any ATI software installed, the Remove Wonder doesn't work, at least not for me. It needs it because the drivers are in that package. Is there another package with only the USB drivers?

Also, if I didn't rename the new plug-in to .bak, I got an "identical plug-in IDs" message. So I did rename the G4 plugin, and that's not the problem.

Yes, you will need the ATI drivers but not their software.

Any X10 remote driver will work but the button names maybe wrong/different.