Hello folks -
188.8.131.52 is ready for a quick test before becoming the live version. There were changes to both NetRemote and MediaBridge. Please see below for MediaBridge changes.
I mean it this time, this release should be considered 100% on the verge of deployment to happy NetRemoters everywhere. Please brutalize the release (or just stress test). Thanks!
No Changes (updated installers for MediaBridge fix only)
1. Changed - Default mode for IR on Windows is now GlobalCache
2. Removed - Port selection for GlobalCache mode
3. Changed - Default IP address for IR is now 192.168.1.70 (the GC default address) _not_ the default host
4. Added - Action to IR plugin to set GC IR Port (this is basically an alias for a variable set, you can still just set the IR.PortNumber variable if you'd like).
1. Changed - IR code better encapsulated. This means that if you're having trouble with the IR library (it gives you errors), you can pull the factory out (IRHardware.dll) and you'll stop getting error messages, but the rest of the IR code (passthrough and globalcache) will still work properly. This also allows for the theoretical ability for NetRemote to use IR hardware on the Windows side, as well (USB-UIRT direct from NetRemote, perhaps).
2. Added - Splash screens! I'm a little embarassed it took so long to add these (they should have been in long ago). They come up almost immediately, and are fun to stare at while NetRemote loads.
3. Changed - Continued grouping actions for designer.
4. Changed - NetRemote will attempt to connect back to the right zone if it loses connectivity with MediaBridge.
1. Fixed: Girder 4 actions now send NR's IP in payload instead of Girders
2. Changed: On windows, a default Generic plugin and IR plugin are -not- created. If you need these plugins, you need to right click and create an instance
3. Changed: On PPC, a default generic plugin is -not- created. If you need this plugin, you need to tape and hold and create an instance.
4. Changed: Began assigning groups to actions for use in designer. In the designer, you'll see folders of actions under a plugin (in the next designer rev, anyway)
5. Added: Callback to GAC lua object. Simply set "gac.OnReceive" to a function which takes the gac object as it's only parameter.
1. Added: Support for GAC+
2. Added; GAC lua object
3. Added: Several helper lua files added to installer (thanks Rob)
4. Added: Performance improvement on GAC redraw - results are buffered to all update at once
5. Added: A trick to allow for frames on top of buttons to not "steal" events. Rule: A frame with no children cannot be "clicked" on.
6. Fixed: Windows version no longer shows "Load Skin" if in custom mode (finally)
7. Changed: Modified music interfaces to use GAC lua object
8. Changed: Installers now show version #'s for NRIRServer and MediaBridge
9. Changed: Music and Pro now have a "default" installset which includes PPC and Windows clients and MediaBridge (Before it would default to clients only - confusing for first time users)
1. Fixed: Girder 3 issue with feedback reconnect on PPC resume (thanks Avid)
2. Added: MP.LibraryTree.Selected variable. This will contain the path to the current selected library tree node.
3. Added: MP.PlayingNow.Selected variable. This will contain the index of the current playing now track (0 based)
4. Added: MP.Search.Selected variable. This will contain a ? delimited list of files selected in the search list.
5. Added: Revamped Generic plugin and corresponding lua file. This actually makes generic a lot more powerful. The GenericPlugin.lua file (installed) has four methods: Generic.Receive(plugin_instance,message), Generic.Disconnecting(plugin_instance), Generic.Connected(plugin_instance), Generic.Send(plugin_instance,message). These methods can be used to interact with the generic TCP/IP socket. For instance, if you were talking to the GlobalCache device, you could execute "getdevices\r" on connect, and then get a list of devices back on the Receive method. The plugin_instance can be used if you have more than one generic plugin instance and need to identify which is being called. Note that the Generic currently only works for TCP/IP sockets which are ascii and \r terminated.
1. Fixed: Girder 4 ACK on image receive corrupted
2. Fixed: Girder 4 LinkActive and FeedbackLinkActive not working appropriately
3. Fixed: NetRemote will do some "fixing" on startup to ensure that if you have a plugin instance, but not one with the correct default ID, it will flip it to be the right ID.
4. Fixed: Buffer overrun error with long actions (seen in some GAC requests)
5. Changed: Pronto.ttf should no longer cause problems on update or uninstall
6. Changed: Installer will install an empty NetRemoteLog.txt so that an uninstall is clean on PPC (no more complaints during uninstall)
7. Changed: NetRemote now defaults to not auto-restarting on device resume. There is a checkbox in the general properties to engage auto-restart
1. Fixed: Issue with apostrophe's and commas in their names would throw off any player using a cache.
1. Fixed: Problem saving playing now limits
2. Added: Support for "custom" actions for certain players (though no players have custom actions yet).
1. Fixed: Corrected issue whereby a fresh install would not get proper values for PollInterval and Ping Timeout.
2. Fixed: Issue in installer keeping WinAmp from working after install
1. Added: Support for GAC+
2. Added: On connect, MediaBridge sends build number to NetRemote
3. Added: On connect, MediaBridge sends the album root to NetRemote as MP.ALbumsRoot
4. Added: On connect, MediaBridge sends the genre root ot NetRemote as MP.GenresRoot
5. Added: On connect, MediaBridge sends the artist root ot NetRemote as MP.ArtistsRoot
6. Added: Moved AppSettings to Registry
7. Added: Preferences form for capturing settings.
8. Added: Ability to only send a fixed number of entries of playing now to NetRemote (similar to iTunes Party Mode)
9. Added: Ability to specify Ping timeout