Thread: Can TaskSwitch do this...

Girder Rocks!

I looked around and couldn't find this mentioned in any of the threads, so I hope I'm not being redundant.

Here's what I'm trying to do:

I need Girder's taskswitch plug-in to tell the difference between different Explore windows and the desktop. For instance, if you open a folder for the C drive and another folder for D drive, then learn commands in Girder using TaskSwitch for each folder, Girder can't detect when you switch from one folder to the other. Same thing with the desktop and other folders, they all look like the same task (Explorer.exe) to Girder (for that matter, maybe they are the same task).

Is there a workaround or do I need a plugin similar to TaskSwitch but allows more control over a window's attributes? (did that make any sense to anyone?) Anyway, thanks in advance for any replies.

-Buzz

Its is possible for me to add the title of the window to the string that the plugin returns to Girder. I'll see if I can add that as an option to settings of the Taskswitch plugin.

-Ron

Thanks Ron (you continue to amaze me).

Is there a way that the plug-in would allow the user to selectively determine which learned commands would use the extra window information and allow other commands to just use the current method. That would allow for more flexibility (there might be occassions when you would need to use both methods in the same gir file). I know your time is valuable so I don't want to ask for too much (and thanks again for fixing the screen resolution and taskbar not resizing bug).

Anyway, I've been showing Girder off to some of my co-workers and they all want to build their own HTPC now! Is there anything Girder CAN'T do?

-Buzz

(Selective) that would only be possible if i made it a separate plugin.

I've been working on the dishwasher plugin but that seems to have some bugs still.

I've been awake for to long now, 1000km trainride is no fun in 1 day. But the CeBIT was lots of fun.

-Ron