Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Serial plug-in for Denon receivers

Default Serial plug-in for Denon receivers

Well, after a hiatus of several months (sorry) I've finally finished the plugin for serial control of Denon receivers, as well as a .gml and basic .ccf to go along with it. I've only tested this on an AVR-3803, but I've implemented most everything in the latest release of the serial protocol fom Denon, so (hopefully) it should function for pretty much all of them. I would think that with minor modification it work with the latest models with an ethernet connection as well, but I haven't been able to test this.

I've tried to make this as organized and user-friendly as possible (my goal was to put together a package a newbie can drop into their setup and have up and running pretty much "right out of the box". This is my first plug-in so I'm sure there are a few things I neglected to consider, so please post any requests or construcive feedback and I'll see what I can do. I'd also appreciate it if people would post their success or failures with different models of receiver.

Enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Cool, if you want, you can also place the file in our downloads area. You goto developer/upload from the fron web page.

It's already there, just waiting your approval

approved

Thank you! As a newbie with ancient (read - unusable) programming skills, I can attest to the fact that this plugin does work just by dropping in place. I have a Denon 4802R and so far, it's working fine, although I've only used Source, Power and Volume so far. I hope to play around some more and find what the 4802R does that may not be covered yet. Maybe I can help add to it.

Thanks again!

- Leon

Great, I'm glad to hear that! Hopefully you'll find everything works- I think the serial protocol is the same for all AVR line receivers, and I implemented just about everything listed in the protocol even if it wasn't supported on my 3803.

Load the .CCF in NR and play around with it- it's pretty straightforward. Let me know how everything works!

Hi,
    Will this also work for G3?

tia,
    Ron

No, this one will only work w\ G4, but use this .ini file:
    http://www.promixis.com/php/drops/DE...irectional.ini
    and this .GML file (DONT use the .ini in the archive, use the above one instead):
    http://www.promixis.com/download.php?ID=620 and you should be good.

HOWEVER-

You're going to have to make the jump to G4 sooner or later, the sooner you do it the less painful. The file I wrote for G4 is about as user friendly as it gets (in this realm) so it's a good "jumping off place" to get started w\ G4. Give it a try- you won't regret it. Once you get past the initial learning curve, G4 is so much more user friendly and flexible you'll wonder why you waited so long.

I know...I am still trying to get LDJ setup and it is only avail for G3

I'm kinda in limbo for the same reason (we gotta start cracking the whip!). Fortunately M1Duckett just released the plugin for my Sony777ES changer Thanks a step in the right direction!