Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Insteon Plugin Beta

I finally received my Insteon controller and a switch!
    I'm one of the cool kids now. :wink:

I'm a little confused on if they can be set at a level as a group. (2 Switches) I know I can do 1 but then the other led on th switch doesn;t move unless they are grouped.

Default License key required?

I've added the Insteon plugin to an existing Girder 4 Pro installation. It installed correctly and appears in my plugins list as enabled. But, when I try to access Settings a box pops up asking for my Name and License key. I enter my Girder 4 info (that I used for the initial Girder 4 installation) but it says the ksy is not valid. Girder version is 4.0.4.2. Am I doing something wrong? Or?

Quote Originally Posted by tpinfo4
    I'm a little confused on if they can be set at a level as a group. (2 Switches) I know I can do 1 but then the other led on th switch doesn;t move unless they are grouped.
    Are you talking about controlling from G4 or from another switch?

If from G4, if both switches are in the group, then they will both track the level for group commands. They will not track each other if you send a device command to one of them.

Default Re: License key required?

Quote Originally Posted by jmonier
    I've added the Insteon plugin to an existing Girder 4 Pro installation. It installed correctly and appears in my plugins list as enabled. But, when I try to access Settings a box pops up asking for my Name and License key. I enter my Girder 4 info (that I used for the initial Girder 4 installation) but it says the ksy is not valid. Girder version is 4.0.4.2. Am I doing something wrong? Or?
    The Insteon plugin is an addon to G4.

Buy link id here https://www.plimus.com/plimus/jsp/bu...1&currency=USD

I am talking about controlling it from G4. I know how to set the On/Off from a group but not the Level from a group. Can you pleasse tell me a step by step on how to controll 2 switches as a group with a certain level from G4?

Thanks.

I am talking about controlling it from G4. I know how to set the On/Off from a group but not the Level from a group. Can you pleasse tell me a step by step on how to controll 2 switches as a group with a certain level from G4?

Thanks.
    You can have only 1 one level per group.. This is done using the group manager page, on the right you set the onlevel for each memeber of the group.

You can adjust groups by sending dim/bright commands.

I think I understand what you are talking about. So if I want a 25%, 50% and a 75% level use a group for each one with a on command?

I think I understand what you are talking about. So if I want a 25%, 50% and a 75% level use a group for each one with a on command?
    Exactly

When I make the purchase do I get my code immediately?
    I don't own a credit card (for safety reasons :wink: ), so I'll have to get someone from my family to take care of it for me.
    Beware of the robot.