May 6th, 2006, 06:57 AM
NetRemote Designer Release Thread (126.96.36.199)
Hello everyone -
NRD version 188.8.131.52 is now available.
Previous Release Thread
Download here: Download link
Purchase a license here: Purchase link
1. Fixed - Issue with saving WindowLayouts when closing NRD for some users.
1. Fixed - Transparent images would not save as transparent if upper left pixel was not transparent.
1. Fixed - Converting a file from 1.1 format to 1.0 format would erase transparent backgrounds in some instances.
1. Added - support for new file format that accelerates jumps on PPC
2. Added - Function to replace all fonts with new font
1. Fixed - Problem double clicking on element from tree when no page open
2. Fixed - Problem when deleting a control from a frame marked to loop elements
3. Fixed - Bind at load variables cleared when showing in properties form
4. Fixed - Renaming a page bombing NetRemote
5. Potentially Fixed - Problem with long variables with carriage returns in NetRemote Variable Inspector
1. Fixed - Problems with changing z-order after deleting or cutting elements (which would throw a big error, or work strangely)
2. Fixed - Cutting an element will no longer show the selection box around the area the element was taking up
3. Fixed - Grouping and ungrouping now properly selects/unselects the grouped elements
4. Fixed - Selecting a node in the tree will now properly set fully the same node in the render area
5. Added - Clicking on the tab name will set focus to the render area. This allows you to select something in the tree, click the tab name, and then use arrow or other keys.
6. Added - Support for extensions to 1.1 format (when used with NetRemote 184.108.40.206 or newer), including the following: Strings of greater than 255 length in all areas (labels, states, actions, etc.), and a top and left padding. Top and left padding allow you to indent the text applied on top of a button, instead of having it all the way to the top left.
7. Added - NRD now properly remembers toolbar settings (positions, which buttons you've hidden, etc.)
8. Added - NRD now properly remembers positions of the lua var inspector, nr var inspector, lua console, and lua editor
1. Fixed - Problem with changing z-order of one or more components would throw errors sometimes when trying to rearrange the tree based on z-order changes.
2. Fixed - Frames not supporting animated graphics
3. Fixed - Problems loading PCF files
4. Changed - NRD will convert 1.1 format to latest version when opening CCF files.
5. Fixed - Setting "Is Hidden" will change the state to the first visible state, if the element was previously visible
6. Changed - "Toggle Visibility" changed to "Toggle State"
7. Changed - You can now toggle the state of a button or frame even if it's not a hidden state (to see the play/pause version, for instance)
1. Changed - NetRemote now maintains a network connection with NRD to fill console information, which should fix the problem of NRD trying to read the log info while NetRemote is writing it.
1. Fixed - Problem starting NRD when using NetRemote 1.x
1. Fixed - Finally got the last RPC error when NR shuts down "fixed". Please let me know if you still see this.
2. Fixed - Renamed lua variable inspector from "Curret NetRemote Variables" to "Current Lua Environment"
3. Added - NRD will now figure out the average FPS for an animated graphic and use it
4. Added - Image picker will show FPS if animated.
1. Fixed - Animation not saving properly
2. Added - Better storage of states, image var usage, etc. by separating these into separate entities rather than shared use of ID Tag area
3. Added - In NRD 1.1 format, it now shows "Hidden" for a state rather than "hide when false" (NR needs to be enhanced to used this info, currently only hidden for the default state works (which is equivalent to "hide when false" in State 1.
4. Added - Better support for Animated graphics, where the information about the animated is stored with the image, not with the button.
5. Fixed - Bug copying elements between CCFs when in NRD 1.1 format.
1. Fixed - Problem with some users CCFs where element heights were less than 0 severely crashing the designer.
2. Fixed - Problem where (when saving) NRD not being able to connect with NetRemote would make you lose your changes. It will now still save normally if it can't connect to NetRemote, and if it fails when sending to NetRemote, it will still save it with a .new extension so you can recover if needed.
Last edited by Ben S; January 30th, 2007 at 11:16 PM.
May 17th, 2006, 09:01 PM
New version (220.127.116.11) posted.
May 20th, 2006, 07:26 AM
When I tried to load a pcf file the following occurred, tried several pcf files.
What does it mean?
************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at com.promixis.Forms.NRIEditorForm.OpenFile(String filename)
at com.promixis.Forms.NRIEditorForm.menuItemOpen_Clic k(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at TD.SandBar.k.b(TopLevelMenuItemBase A_0, Boolean A_1, Boolean A_2, Point A_3)
at TD.SandBar.TopLevelMenuItemBase.Show(Boolean select)
at TD.SandBar.ToolBar.OnItemPush(ToolbarItemBase item, Point position)
at TD.SandBar.ToolBar.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
at TD.SandBar.MenuBar.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at TD.SandBar.ToolBar.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage (Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(M essage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
May 20th, 2006, 12:35 PM
I've got two problems with this designer...
see two pictures
If I create a state button, that is hidden when false, then it completely disappears from the panel in NRD (works as expected in NR).
The only way to edit it, is to select it in the tree. And I can't move it anymore with the mouse...
I have used copy/paste, to make multiple copies of a frame on the same panel. Then I replace the image with another image from disk. Everything looks ok in designer, but when saving the file, the old frame image remains (it is a bit hard to see in the attached picture but the old/new png files are mirrored)...
May 21st, 2006, 08:19 AM
It means something is a little hokey. Please send me the pcf file you are trying to load.
Originally Posted by barend
May 21st, 2006, 09:16 AM
more hokey stuff
p1 shows a non-transparent state frame on top of all the others in NRD(nowplayingtrayrpopup)
in p2 it is drawn behind all other state frames (that were added with previous versions of NRD)
the other state frames are drawn fine...
it seems to me that NR thinks this frame is a 'normal' frame and not a non-transparent state frame
May 21st, 2006, 11:43 AM
The problem in above post was caused by the png file that I used.
I converted to bmp before importing in NRD (to get rid of any transparency) then the z-order became ok...
So, never mind about that...
I found a workaround for problem #2 a few posts back...
if I edit/create an existing state frame :
* uncheck 'hide when false'
* set up the same graphic and colour scheme for both states.
The next time you open the ccf file in NRD, the correct image is used,
'hide when false' is checked again and you only see one image (state1)
in the image picker, I see for this image (used nowhere else) number of references:2
Last edited by mhwlng; May 21st, 2006 at 11:47 AM.
May 21st, 2006, 09:34 PM
Thanks for your insight, Marcel. I'll reproduce and resolve the issues you've found.
May 22nd, 2006, 11:41 AM
With NR v18.104.22.168 and NRD v22.214.171.124, if I have the Current Lua Environment window open and click Refresh Variables, I get an unhandled exception error. Details of error window is attached. The Lua variables then disappear from the Current Lua Environment window which changes to a red box outline with a red X in it. This problem occurred in earlier versions as well.
May 22nd, 2006, 04:18 PM
Thanks dsmes. Some others have had trouble with this also, and I'll correct for the next revision. It's a problem with the component we're leveraging to show the variables as a tree list.