November 18th, 2006, 10:36 PM
Slider thumb with xmltv guide
I've got a slider thumb associated with xmltv_scroll on my channel listing page. It works fine on the PC (I'm only updating every 500ms), but doesn't seem to generate the Girder call from PPC -- I'm running the same CCF/LUA on both. User error, or possibly a bug? I'm on .81 at the moment...
November 19th, 2006, 04:22 AM
How many Girder plugin instances do you have on the PPC? Currently sliders will only work with the default -1 instance - you may need to use NetRemote.SetPluginInstance to pick the right one
November 19th, 2006, 07:03 AM
I had a similar problem. I had to call add the NetRemote Prefix to the call to RegisterVariableWatch. ie NetRemote.RegisterVariableWatch("xmltv_scroll", ...)
November 19th, 2006, 10:47 AM
There does seem to be an issue with having multiple clients registered though... if I just use one client, everything is fine. If I have two connected, only one of the two seems to update.
If you have two clients access the guide, do both scroll bars work for you?
November 19th, 2006, 03:49 PM
I do have multiple clients connected. They used to all scroll at once, but I changed it so it gets the ip address of the client that made the request and sends it back to just that client now.
November 27th, 2006, 05:49 PM
I converted my code to handle each client independently...
It looks like I'm just seeing flakiness with the slider working, regardless of how many clients are connected. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. My odds seem better if I'm running NRD... but maybe that's a false perception.
This is the only slider I have that's driven by Girder... all my other sliders seem to work fine.
Any tips? Curtis, I take it that you're not seeing any similar issues?
November 27th, 2006, 07:17 PM
If you change how often it sends, does it get more stable, Tim?
November 27th, 2006, 07:31 PM
I'm not seeing this. I haven't switch to .81 yet though, I'm on .80 on one remote and .76 on another. I'll try to upgrade one this week and let you know how it goes.
November 28th, 2006, 11:46 AM
Chaging the throttling doesn't seem to help... I've tried 250ms, 500ms, and 1000ms. I also tried only sending the value on release -- same problem. The only thing that consistently makes it work (on the local machine) is to have NetRemote Designer open.
November 29th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Ok, I just upgraded to .81. I am also having problems. When I try to set the variablel in NetRemote from girder, it works on the PPC, but not on winXP. I've narrowed this down to NetRemote.GetClient( <ip address> ) not working for the XP connected machine, but it does work on the PPC connected machine. If I send the value out to all instances, both get the update.
I've also had a few lockups on WinXP. Not in the same place though.