Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ACPI in Win2K

Ron,
    Here is a link that has some good infor on Keyboard scan codes. http://support.microsoft.com/support.../Q274/3/33.ASP
    The SLEEP key is 05Fh (it's on the list near the bottom)

Naveed

Ron, I think your discussion boards are having an issue... That last message didn't seem to come in.

Any luck on adding the sleep key to the keyboard action list?

If by function, you mean API function, I didn't use any. Before I found Girder, I was using the Keyspan Remote. The software it came with allowed the user to send the actual keycode (i.e. Hex value) of a key. That is how I got it to work in the past.

I specifically disabled ACPI on my Win2k machine because Win2k has the affinity to share as many IRQ's as it can on IRQ 9...and the kitchen sink. Before I disabled ACPI, Win2k has shared 8 devices on IRQ 9!!!

There was a significant improvement in both performance and reliability in all my devices that were shared on 9.

...just my 2 cents worth...

Well, I'm one of those "nuts" who is using a PC with a 36" monitor for his main TV... I don't want to have to wait for 2 min while my TV boots up. I have run into some other issues with STANDBY, though, and have now decided to use Hibernate instead (only 1 min wait to "boot"). Anyone have an easy way for me to control this via Girder?