Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Running NetRemote Designer on Vista

Default Running NetRemote Designer on Vista

In order to run the Designer on Vista, do the following (thanks yamy125):

1. Right click the NetRemote Designer Icon, and select properties, then choose compatibility.
    2. Put a tick beside 'disable desktop composition'
    3. Set it to run in compatibility mode for XP SP2 in the drop down selection

This isn't working for me I was wondering if you have another Idea i have uninstalled all and reinstalled a lot came accrossed this thread tried it, not working, so I uninstalled and tried again.
    I don't understand.

What problems are you having running NRD on Vista? It's running fine for me here on Vista 64 Unlimited.
    --Rob

It freezes up and will not reply I have sat it out and it will after about 10 minutes, but then when I try to do anything it freezes again I have to go and shut it down to get it to go away.
    I have all the other apps working, but can't get designer to work I tried what you posted and nothing it won't even load.

Ow and to get it to load it has to be uninstalled, reinstalled and then will only load once.

Just curious is it the trial version?
    I have re downloaded that and still the same thing.

I would love to play with it before I purchase I'm sure it is a great software, but if I can't get it to work it will be a little pointless.

Thanks for your help

Can you confirm that you're using NRD 1.1.0.151 from this thread http://www.promixis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17303
    --Rob

Default solution and a new problem

I have found that if you right click on install icon select compatablity and then tick " run install as administrator" you will have no trouble getting it going.

however.... I am experianceing an issue where all of the navigation panel is only displaying windigs making it very tricky to use, using designer version 1.1.0.45 on vista, anybody else having this issue? any suggestions?

Default opps forgot a step

once you have installed as administrator, you will then need to click in the Netremote designer icon and select "run this program as admistrator" also (C:\Program Files\Promixis\NetRemote Designer\net remote designer.exe)

goodluck

Do you still have the issue with it displaying in WingDings?
    --Rob

yes, i tried to update to the newer version of NRD just after posting my last message (which is how i realised i missed a step) but my cd key is no longer valid so i have really hit a brick wall, i have sent an email to 'Ben S' asking about the cd key thing (unsure if this was the right thing to do or not) however last time NRD was working I was still having this issue.

thanks john

What CD key? NRD no longer requires registration.

BTW mailing Ben won't help at all as he no longer works for Promixis.

There are a couple of things you can try to get NRD fonts working again.

1. Reboot - this usually fixes things
    2. Close NRD and NR, delete the Pronto.ttf font and reinstall NRD
    3. Empty the font cache - delete the file C:\Windows\System32\FNTCACHE.DAT and restart your PC

You may want to switch steps 2 & 3
    --Rob