We are please to announce the availability of NetRemote 2.0. NetRemote 2.0 enhances NetRemote 1.1 with more features for
flexible interface design, powerful media control, enhanced integration with Girder, Promixis' leading automation
platform and major performance and stability increases.
Some of NetRemote 2.0's major enhancements
1. Animated graphic support
2. 24 bit color selection for button background color and text
3. Different fonts for different buttons
4. Tight MCE support
5. Radio support
6. DVD Profiler integration from MB
7. Thread Lua support
8. Enhanced scripting from Lua of plugins and plugin instances
9. Support for multiple NetRemote instances on one machine (required Whole Home)
10. Support for profiles
11. Enhanced support for interface creation including Lua console and variable inspection
12. Embedded web server with scriptable pages.
13. Smarter zone support (no longer need to change host and zone)
14. Much more stability in communication with MediaBridge
15. Direct USB-UIRT support from NetRemote on Windows (for learn and transmit)
16. Native Windows CE.net 4.2 support
NetRemote 2.0 Packaging and Pricing:
NetRemote 2.0 Pro (single license for use on Windows or Pocket PC) - $49.99.
Single License - Click here to purchase
Includes all music features, plus tight integration with Girder 4, direct support for the USB-UIRT and GlobalCache IR transmitters. Also features expandability via Promixis and community supplied plugins.
NetRemote 2.0 Whole Home (unlimited licenses for Windows and Pocket PC) - $99.99
Whole Home License - Click here to purchase
Both include a free license for NetRemote Designer
Downloads version 2
Build 144 - 2.0.21
July 27, 2009.
build 2.0.21 released
- Fixed image variables in alternate states
Build 143 - 2.0.20
May 12, 2009
build 2.0.20 released.
- NetRemote: updated the advanced controls to tell NRD that certain parameters are Lua variables
- Mediabridge: Hopefully the final fix for the issue of not connecting to JRMC at boot time
Build 142 - 2.0.19
March 11, 2009
- Mediabridge: PageCount should now work for all schemes
- NetRemote: Fixed slow drawing issue
- NetRemote: element:Scale() method now takes a second, optional boolean parameter to scale the element around its centre
- NetRemote: windowed popup frames should now draw correctly
Build 141 - 2.0.18
March 3, 2009
- Should now work with Vista 64 MCE
- When creating a GAC you can now specify a Transform parameter to transform cover images the operations you can perform are
- Mirror - in the X or Y direction
- Rotate - by 0, 90, 180 or 270 degrees clockwise
- Fade - Up, Down, Left, Right
- Width - vary the width by a percentage of the original size
- Height - vary the height by a percentage of the original size
Here's and example of a transform parameter to the GAC constructor
This will create a transformed version of each cover that is 50% of the size, mirrored vertically and fades from normal toCode:Transform=Mirror:Y;Fade:Down;Height:50
black downwards, as though it were a reflection in black glass. The transformed version of the image will be sent to the
suffix .Transformed.Image for each cover
- Fixed help when running under Vista
- The element object now has a Scale method - this allows you to adjust the relative size of an element (and any elements
that it contains in the case of frames.). This is an expensive operation however and uses a fair bit of CPU and memory so
is not really recommended for use on low powered machines like a PPC.
factor is a float - element:Scale(0.5) will scale the element to half size element:Scale(2.0) to twice normal size andCode:element:Scale(factor)
element:Scale(1.0) will return it to normal size.
Build 140 - 2.0.17
February 5, 2009
- Added new experimental CCF format 1.1 revision 1.5 (requires NRD 2.0 build 9 - you must explicitly request a conversion to this format)
- Rev 1.5 provides individual Image variables for each button up/down state.
- Rev 1.5 added image variable scaling options, Scale to Fit (the previous default), Scale to fit but maintain aspect ratio, Shrink only, Shrink only but maintain aspect ratio, Do not scale (clips if necessary).
- Mediabridge DVD Profiler Fixes
- Added element:BringForward(), BringToFront, SendBackward, SendToBack()
- Changed Resource identifiers
- Added Mediabridge startup delay.
Build 139 - 2.0.16
January 2, 2009
- Fixed blue pixel offset
Build 138 - 2.0.15
December 4, 2008
- Girder Plugin Instance Fix
- Girder 3 communication fix (hsGirder / ievents)
Build 137 - 2.0.14
December 3, 2008
- LuaCom fix
- LuaSocket update
- Improved Drawing code speed
Build 136 - 2.0.13
November 19, 2008
- Whoops. Fixed init bug
Build 135 - 2.0.12
November 17, 2008
- Fixed memory leak
Build 134 - 2.0.11
Novermber 11, 2008
- Updated luacom and luasockets to use nrlua.dll instead of lua.dll
- Updated luasockets to 2.0.2
Build 133 - 2.0.10
November 8, 2008
- Attempt to fix Axim issue
- MC13 support in MediaBridge
- Tracing Code
- Smoother Element Animation
- Device Manager updates
Build 131 - 2.0.8
October 20, 2008
- Couldn't QueryInterface for IID_INetRemoteDriver !
Build 130 - 2.0.7
October 17, 2008
- Fixed animations not working on states/substates other than the default released state.
Build 129 - 2.0.6
October, 13, 2008
- Fixed problems with Flash driver crashing NR when trying to retrieve the player from Lua
- Changed the background painting to use FillSolidRect instead of FillRect as it is supposed to be quicker and doesn't involve creating and deleting a brush
Build 128 - 2.0.5
August 21, 2008
- Reinstated Global Device Context
- Added support for <.> notation, referencing current element
- GetSelection Clipping fix
- Changed MediaBridge to use .NET-2.0 framework
- Changed MediaBridge to target x86, this should fix Vista64 issues with ADOX
- Changed MediaBridge Registry Entries to use HKCU instead of HKLM
- Some scripting additions to prepare for the upcoming NetRemote Designer 2.0 Beta.
Build 127 - 2.0.4
July 3, 2008
- Fixed crash when a plain string contained a \
- Fixed non-stop comserver reconnects during heavy load.
Build 126 - 2.0.3
June 3, 2008
- Fixed crash on startup.
Build 125 - 2.0.2
June 2, 2008
- Fixed crash when NetRemote.LoadCCF was used in an Action
- Fixed crash in NetRemote.GetElementByName when no ccf is loaded
- Fixed infinite loop in Socket code
- Fixed crash due to slider having an empty slider variable
- Fixed looped children not being clipped by parent frame
- Fixed MB namespace troubles.
Build 124 - 2.0.1
April 28, 2008