Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where do I start with LUA

Girder has the CRC library built in now, have a look at the manual and the math table. At least I think that already went out, if you can't find

math.crc16
    or
    math.crc32

let me know.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Smile

ooohhhh Jim,

Quote Originally Posted by VicVonDoom View Post
    and definately this...
    http://www.nurofen.co.uk/

i fell over choking when this website popped up

cheers

Mark
    some people learn by writing, some by reading, some by listening and some by doing?...me I'm not learning at all

Hi Guys,

this is how far I have got with my lua

when i try to select my lua 'Teac AG-980 etc... it says connection failed

the teac needs a system id...would i need to put that in the lua?

the device manager in 'my computer' is not showing any problems on com1

any ideas??

cheers

Mark
    some people learn by writing, some by reading, some by listening and some by doing?...me I'm not learning at all

attached lua

the com protocol is in an earlier post if required
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Solosid; November 12th, 2008 at 02:16 PM. Reason: added information

Mark,

Try this file.
    Rick

Girder 5.0 - Elk M1 Gold - JRMC 11.1 w/ M-Audio Delta 410 - NetRemote 2.0 - Panasonic KX-TA624 Phone System - ZoneMinder DVR
    Girder 5 Plugins - Elk M1/EZ8, Email Manager, Girder Backup, Ocelot, xAP Speedfan, xAP Ping, xAP Zoneminder and many more.

Visit My Showcase

Hi Ron,

I have the 'math' in girder manuals but not sure how to find math.crc16 & 32?

also I have lost all the options in transport manager...there is nothing to select in the dropdown box...

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Girder has the CRC library built in now, have a look at the manual and the math table. At least I think that already went out, if you can't find

math.crc16
    or
    math.crc32

let me know.

cheers

Mark

Mark,

When you exit the Transport Manager screen are there any errors in the lua console?

You might also try to rename your file to Teac AG-980.bak and restart Girder, then check the Transport Manager screen for items.

As to the CRC routines, I believe the correct notation is

math.crc32.process()
    and
    math.crc16.process()
    Rick

Girder 5.0 - Elk M1 Gold - JRMC 11.1 w/ M-Audio Delta 410 - NetRemote 2.0 - Panasonic KX-TA624 Phone System - ZoneMinder DVR
    Girder 5 Plugins - Elk M1/EZ8, Email Manager, Girder Backup, Ocelot, xAP Speedfan, xAP Ping, xAP Zoneminder and many more.

Visit My Showcase

Hi Rick,

this is what i get when i load girder....

... Files\Promixis\Girder5\luascript\transport/Base.lua:139: in function `Initialize'
    ... Files\Promixis\Girder5\luascript\transport/Base.lua:87: in function <... Files\Promixis\Girder5\luascript\transport/Base.lua:78>
    (tail call): ?
    ...\luascript\Components/Classes/InstancesContainer.lua:218: in function <...\luascript\Components/Classes/InstancesContainer.lua:204>
    ...\luascript\Components/Classes/InstancesContainer.lua:132: in function <...\luascript\Components/Classes/InstancesContainer.lua:132>
    [C]: in function `xpcall'
    ...\luascript\Components/Classes/InstancesContainer.lua:132: in function `StartInstances'
    ...is\Girder5\luascript\components\TransportManage r.lua:113: in function `LuaStateIsReady'
    ...iles\Promixis\Girder5\luascript\ComponentManage r.lua:670: in function `StartEnabledComponents'
    ...iles\Promixis\Girder5\luascript\ComponentManage r.lua:229: in function <...iles\Promixis\Girder5\luascript\ComponentManag er.lua:228>
    [C]: ?
    ...iles\Promixis\Girder5\luascript\ComponentManage r.lua:228: in function <...iles\Promixis\Girder5\luascript\ComponentManag er.lua:227>

I have changed the file name to TeacAG980 (no spaces like the files in the folder)...i have changed the names within the lua

I tried copying this script and placing it in the 'example4 lua file and this still
    wouldn't work...

when i reinstated the 'example4' file it showed in TM and could be selected?

also the 'teac' file shows but does not load correctly

{ -- #0
    [1] = 2,
    [2] = "
    ",
    [3] = 1000,
    [4] = function,
    } -- #0
    TreeScript (golua): ... Files\Promixis\Girder5\luascript\transport/Core.lua:469: assertion failed!
    stack traceback:
    [C]: in function `assert'
    ... Files\Promixis\Girder5\luascript\transport/Core.lua:469: in function `ValidateSettings'
    ... Files\Promixis\Girder5\luascript\transport/Core.lua:403: in function `Initialize'
    ... Files\Promixis\Girder5\luascript\transport/Core.lua:358: in function `New'
    ... Files\Promixis\Girder5\luascript\transport/Base.lua:139: in function `Initialize'
    ... Files\Promixis\Girder5\luascript\transport/Base.lua:87: in function <... Files\Promixis\Girder5\luascript\transport/Base.lua:78>
    ...\luascript\Components/Classes/InstancesContainer.lua:218: in function <...\luascript\Components/Classes/InstancesContainer.lua:204>
    ...\luascript\Components/Classes/InstancesContainer.lua:171: in function `AddInstanceSetting'
    ...\Girder5\/plugins/treescript/TransportManager UI.lua:1033: in function `?'
    ...romixis\Girder5\luascript\Classes/DUI/ConfigEdit.lua:228: in function `OnEvent'
    ...\Girder5\/plugins/treescript/TransportManager UI.lua:787: in function `OnEvent'
    ...romixis\Girder5\luascript\Classes/DUI/ConfigBase.lua:55: in function <...romixis\Girder5\luascript\Classes/DUI/ConfigBase.lua:51>

???????

Cheers

Mark

Mark,

Try the file below. Remove all previous versions of your file from the devices folder and restart Girder.
    Rick

Visit My Showcase

Hi Rick,

just to check the file path

ProgamFiles/promixis/girder5/luascript/transport/devices/teac

thats where it is....

when i restart girder this is the lua console....

Welcome to Promixis Girder 5.0.6 build 540
    ...ram Files\Promixis\Girder5\\luascript\compat-5.1.lua:169: module `transport.devices.TeacAG980.bak' not found
    stack traceback:
    [C]: in function `error'
    ...ram Files\Promixis\Girder5\\luascript\compat-5.1.lua:169: in function <...ram Files\Promixis\Girder5\\luascript\compat-5.1.lua:160>
    ...ram Files\Promixis\Girder5\\luascript\compat-5.1.lua:191: in function `require'
    ...is\Girder5\luascript\components\TransportManage r.lua:343: in function `ReadTransportClassFile'
    ...is\Girder5\luascript\components\TransportManage r.lua:269: in function `LoadTransportClasses'
    ...is\Girder5\luascript\components\TransportManage r.lua:302: in function `LoadSerialClasses'
    ...is\Girder5\luascript\components\TransportManage r.lua:111: in function `LuaStateIsReady'
    ...iles\Promixis\Girder5\luascript\ComponentManage r.lua:670: in function `StartEnabledComponents'
    ...iles\Promixis\Girder5\luascript\ComponentManage r.lua:229: in function <...iles\Promixis\Girder5\luascript\ComponentManag er.lua:228>
    [C]: ?
    ...iles\Promixis\Girder5\luascript\ComponentManage r.lua:228: in function <...iles\Promixis\Girder5\luascript\ComponentManag er.lua:227>

is the double \\ between Girder5 and luascript anything to do with it???

cheers

Mark