Page 44 of 60 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Native Android control client

Quote Originally Posted by HTLuke View Post
    Important for 1.9.7.b

I almost forgot, this version uses a new beta dev key to sign the app, which means it will not install over the old version of Andre. You will need to uninstall the old version before attempting to install this one.

If you wish to make the move as easy as possible, use the Settings export function to save your Settings out to a file on the SD card, and then re-import it with the new version and refresh the config.
    Tip for everyone... Do an export now even if you don't think you need it. When my beta expired I couldn't export cause I couldn't run the app so I was forced to reconfigure after an uninstall/install...

Quote Originally Posted by rgouyet View Post
    Just a quick test...
    All of my variables are not updated.

First thing : the "var_netaccess" variable is not created.
    It seems that "testConnection" parameter didn't work anymore.

Code:
    <Parameter name="testConnection">http://192.168.1.240|var_netaccess|500</Parameter>
    Hmm I wasn't even working with that code this time around. I'll take a look at that right away, thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by rkirmeier View Post
    The orientation seems to be sticking to landscape now once Andre is open.
    This is good news, although I may have broken intentional orientation changes too, after reviewing the code. I need to put it through some tests to make sure, hopefully all is well for everyone the way it is, or I can fix the orientation-switching and not re-break Honeycomb.

So now it's just the home button we need. The settings menu option would certainly be better then nothing so if the alternate is too time consuming right now that would help.
    I forgot, I already threw in the Android Settings menu option last release. I updated the release notes to show this. If you have Home screen mode enabled, there should now be an 'Android Settings' button in the base Menu panel.

I'm wondering if you are looking to much into the home button option. Seems like all we need to do is determine the intent for calling the Honeycomb launcher then assign it to a button and possibly assign the home hard button to that button, right? Sure it would be nice to have the pop up to select other launchers but that could come later as long as we can manually do it. I'm just not sure what intent to use, I have tried using launchApp with a name of Launcher and also tried an intent with a value of com.android.launcher but either work...
    The problem here is the Activity to launch may not be callable like this from my App in certain cases, and if I hard-code it to the default, it may actually mess up for people that have other homescreen apps installed. The truth is I've been too focused on on-device editing and docs/examples to go back to the code much so I've been mostly reading other people's similar solutions and have a few ideas to try, but no time yet to try them.

Any update on overlays? I like the light pop up idea and would like to use your example... : )
    All the functionality is now there with the last two releases, so you'll just need an example which I'm working on as part of my to-do examples list. I've been distracted by the on-device editing features (I think they are critical to wider usage of Andre, most people I've spoken with don't want to tinker with XML much) and non-Andre commitments. I'll push it to the top of the examples stack and get you something ASAP to get you started.

On another note. I have noticed that several times now when I quit Andre I get a force closed message instead of it gracefully closing. Just an fyi...
    I believe I've seen this behavior and it's a result of being aggressive about shutting down Andre forcefully instead of letting the system do it, so I need to re-visit that code.

Last thing is... In troubleshooting my wifi I would like to be able to use different SSIDs on my APs and manually switch between them but I don't think I can use multiple SSIDs in Andre. Could you make it so we can by simply separating them by a comma?
    Sure, so you just want it to consider multiple SSIDs as 'home/private network'? That should be trivial enough. I use one SSID with multiple APs using WDS so I never thought about that need. I'll add that next release.

Tip for everyone... Do an export now even if you don't think you need it. When my beta expired I couldn't export cause I couldn't run the app so I was forced to reconfigure after an uninstall/install...
    This is good advice, and an unfortunte side-effect of the beta expiration, my appologies. I'm trying like crazy to get a reasonable RC done so I can get it into the market which will make such things unnecessary, thanks for bearing with me.

I forgot, I already threw in the Android Settings menu option last release. I updated the release notes to show this. If you have Home screen mode enabled, there should now be an 'Android Settings' button in the base Menu panel.
    Ok, great I'll give it a try...

The problem here is the Activity to launch may not be callable like this from my App in certain cases, and if I hard-code it to the default, it may actually mess up for people that have other homescreen apps installed. The truth is I've been too focused on on-device editing and docs/examples to go back to the code much so I've been mostly reading other people's similar solutions and have a few ideas to try, but no time yet to try them.
    Fair enough... At least the setting option is there now so I can reset the default launcher if needed.

All the functionality is now there with the last two releases, so you'll just need an example which I'm working on as part of my to-do examples list. I've been distracted by the on-device editing features (I think they are critical to wider usage of Andre, most people I've spoken with don't want to tinker with XML much) and non-Andre commitments. I'll push it to the top of the examples stack and get you something ASAP to get you started.
    Looking forward to the examples... : )

Sure, so you just want it to consider multiple SSIDs as 'home/private network'? That should be trivial enough. I use one SSID with multiple APs using WDS so I never thought about that need. I'll add that next release.
    [/QUOTE]

Yep, I use a single SSID with WPK2 but for trouble shooting my wifi issues I would like to able to use different SSIDs so I can manually connect to different APs and know when one I am connected to when things are acting up... I figured it would be easy to implement otherwise I would not have asked... : )

Think I figured out my wifi issues. The problem was that one of my routers supports B/G/N and the other supports B/G. The phone wouldn't switch to the G signal from the N signal. I turned off N and all appears fine now. I guess I need to buy another N router now cause I hate to go down to G... : )

Think I figured out my wifi issues. The problem was that one of my routers supports B/G/N and the other supports B/G. The phone wouldn't switch to the G signal from the N signal. I turned off N and all appears fine now. I guess I need to buy another N router now cause I hate to go down to G... : )
    Cool, glad you figured it out, I'll have to remember that this is the case, I've been considering diving into N routers soon.

Also I went to implement the multi-SSID feature, and saw that it's already there. The test against SSID does a 'contains' comparison, so as long as the connected SSID string is somewhere in your defined SSID string (can be separated by any character (or none!)) it should work like you want.

3) Does the 1.9.6b release include the new way to parse XML that you give en example a few days ago ? (parseXmlWithE4X)
    I tried to use it. I get no errror but no result too...
    I just tried this and it works for me, here's the script I'm using to test it:
    Code:
    <Script id="script_parseXmlWithE4X">
       <![CDATA[
          var myXml = '<Response Status="OK"><Item Name="State">0</Item><Item Name="FileKey">23715</Item><Item Name="Status">Stopped</Item></Response>';
          var xmlDoc = XML( myXml );
          for each ( item in xmlDoc..Item )
          {
             var itemName = item..@Name;
             var value = item;
             andreCommands.broadcastToast( 'Item "' + itemName + '" value is "' + item + '"' );
          }
       ]]>
    </Script>
    I'm going to test the testConnection variable setting next, stay tuned.

the "var_netaccess" variable is not created.
    It seems that "testConnection" parameter didn't work anymore.

Code:
    <Parameter name="testConnection">http://192.168.1.240|var_netaccess|500</Parameter>
    I cut and paste your Parameter and just updated the IP to my own and it's working; I select 'edit variables' from the Settings->Tools menu and it was there and set to true. I then changed the IP to a non-existant address and tried it again and checked the Edit Variables page and it was set to false.

How are you testing the variable? Maybe reload your config from scratch if you haven't already and try again?

Maybe reload your config from scratch if you haven't already and try again?
    I do it several times. When I switch back to previous version it works and with the last one, it failed...

After switching to certain pages, I get an error : Error in script : unamed script Line#:1 Reason : erreur de syntaxe"

The debug gives me addition info : Error in statement 'true == ' is not true or false.

I thing it comes when it run the
    Code:
    execIf="true == _%var_netaccess%_"

Variable creation from the cloud (via http://www.andreapp.com) are not working too with this version but it is ok with the previous one ...

Very strange issue on my Iconia Tablet A500...