Thread: Remote with Windows Media Center?

Default Remote with Windows Media Center?

I'm sure there's probably a FAQ about this somewhere, so perhaps you could just point me there? I have Girder 5 and a USBUIRT installed, and a Univeral WR7 Remote that allows me to control up to 7 devices. How do I "teach" it to control Windows Media Center on a Windows 7 x64 box? I assume that there must be some way to get the USBUIRT to flash the codes so the remote can pick them up? Is WMC set up to respond or do I throw a switch somewhere? The codes are probably those from the XBOX remote?

Anyway, I'm sure there's some obvious instructions for a beginner on how to do this. Thanks.

freewheeling
    have a look at this thread
    http://www.promixis.com/forums/showt...ersal+HTPC.gml

paul

That thread is a little "advanced" for me. I see where you can click on a command and a "learn" dialog comes up, but I think what I want to do is "teach" the codes for the WMC to my remote, so I need to output them through the USBUIRT. "Learn" doesn't get me anywhere.

In other words, if I had a WMC remote I could teach the codes to my Universal remote, but I don't have a WMC or on XBOX remote.