Thread: ELK M1/EZ8 - connecting via Ethernet

Default ELK M1/EZ8 - connecting via Ethernet

I don't seem to be able to talk to the ELK M1 Panel with Girdir 5.0 (I can talk to the M1 via the RP2 software and the ELK Webserver -and it is disconnected before I try to use Girder)

The M1 Firmware is 5.2.6

I have installed the M1/EZ8 software and it is enabled in Component Manager. Component ID is 10073. Version is 1.0.4 Status is Enabled. The Global settings have been set per the manual (via ELK RP2).

Communication is via Ethernet on Port 2601. In Settings, the Status is "OK [Connecting]" & remains that way.

I have removed and reinstalled the M1/EZ8 component - no change.

What am I missing? Should there be a dll file in the plugins directory and M1/EZ8 listed in the Plugins list or is that section of the manual out of date??

You need to enable the non-secure port in the Elk Panel and ensure it is set to 2101. Then in Girder set the Elk plugin to use port 2101. The plugin does not support the secure port.
    Rick

Girder 5.0 - Elk M1 Gold - JRMC 11.1 w/ M-Audio Delta 410 - NetRemote 2.0 - Panasonic KX-TA624 Phone System - ZoneMinder DVR
    Girder 5 Plugins - Elk M1/EZ8, Email Manager, Girder Backup, Ocelot, xAP Speedfan, xAP Ping, xAP Zoneminder and many more.

Visit My Showcase

Hi Rick

This is a great pluggin (using Port 2101 solved my conection problem) - thankyou.

The stability of my ethernet comnnection to the M1 is not great - I dont know why, maybe it's my switch or router. Regardless, have you given thought to some form of "ConnectionMonitor" as suggested by quixote on another thread. If there was an ability to re-establish the ethernet connection when it fails my Android App would be so much more effective!

"Is there a way to force a re-initialization of the plug-in?"

Default Support for ELK M1/EZ8

Quote Originally Posted by watch View Post
    Hi Rick

This is a great pluggin (using Port 2101 solved my conection problem) - thankyou.

The stability of my ethernet comnnection to the M1 is not great - I dont know why, maybe it's my switch or router. Regardless, have you given thought to some form of "ConnectionMonitor" as suggested by quixote on another thread. If there was an ability to re-establish the ethernet connection when it fails my Android App would be so much more effective!

"Is there a way to force a re-initialization of the plug-in?"
    Hi Ron

Who provides support for this? There are a number of posts (over a long period) that request help resolving connection problems, without a response. Is there a simple way to provide a function similar to "ConnectionMonitor" ?

It's harleydude above.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Default ELK M1/EZ8 Support

Ron/Harleydude

Where's the love? There has been no reponse to numerous requests for a "connection monitor" or similar.

This wasn't freeware - we paid a fee for this plugin but there's been a resounding silence . . .

I'm sorry the plugin isn't working for you and that Harleydude hasn't been around. Promixis does not have any rights to this plugin sadly as such we cannot provide support for it. However since you did buy it through our online store I'm happy to offer a refund.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Thanks Ron.

I don't need a refund - it's a great plugin; when its connected . . .

I just want to investigate if there's a mechanism to ensure connectivity. If Harleydude has "bolted", can you have a look at his code and suggest some mods?