Thread: sending ALT+2 to ATI TV?

Could someone help me out with this.

I have got Girder working with my irman successfully but am having trouble sending an ALT+Keystroke sequence to the ATI TV application. (ALT+2 selects composite input, ALT+3 selects s-video).

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Did you try the alternative-proc ? Or sending to foreground instead of targetting ?

-Ron

Ron,

thanks - sending to foreground worked. Alternative-proc didn't help (I can't find any documentation for what it means btw).

Cheers

Dave

Alternative proc is just an alternative procedure of sending keys to apps. There is no single good way of doing this in windows, so i try to give all the posibilities.

The only reliable way to send keystrokes to any ATI Mutlimedia Center app is by checking "send to foreground task", which of course restricts you to controlling that aspect of the TV player only when it happens to be in the foreground. Most other functions can be controlled using ATI's Generic Remote Control Interface, which you can find on the Exported Groups page on the Girder web site. Sadly the GRC interface doesn't support switching the signal source at this time.

Mike