Thread: Girder 3.2.5pre12

Default Girder 3.2.5pre12

Because I got a few (minor) bug reports on the last prerelease I'm going to do one more prerelease. Hopefully the last one.

New stuff:

Here I'd also like to thank Phat Phreddy for donating a WinXP license so I could add the themeing/userswitch support.
    Ron
    No support through PM

We have buttons on NT 4.0!!!!

The bottom and right edge of the buttons and the bottom edge of the cursor position field are cut off a bit but I see (and can use) 3 buttons.
    Mark F

In Girder 3.2.5pre12 - XP the problems of the new OpenXML with characters linke ", ', ... discussed in other threads are back

Otherwise I like the look - all the buttons and windows are well aligned and properly sized

A few more things:
    on the Girder Action tab the Register ComboBox value is always selected even when the control is disabled
    !??!?!
    Also when enabling and disabling the controls in the Action tabs when there is no selected command some of the controls are left enabled
    (example: on the girder tab the Register Combo and Icon/Device Memo and the Apply button. On the Window tab - x/timeout[ms] and Y Edits)

Ron if it's hard for you to support both versions (XP and nonXP) in paralel then I suggest you drop the XP one. Normal Girder looks OK in XP. And it's not the looks that make it the greates program around - it's the core and the plugins

About the OpenXML stuff, is that only with the XP version ?

About the gui stuff,.. well the guy is getting really old, a new one is in the planning.

About the XP version, Its not much work anymore now, the biggest part has been done, its now a matter of booting into XP, compiling and getting the hell out of XP :evil: .
    Ron
    No support through PM

Quote Originally Posted by RonB
    About the OpenXML stuff, is that only with the XP version ?
    Yes, I've tried the nonXP version and it worked OK

Quote Originally Posted by RonB
    About the XP version, Its not much work anymore now, the biggest part has been done, its now a matter of booting into XP, compiling and getting the hell out of XP :evil: .
    OK I understand but then what could be the reason for the differences between two versions? Everything I've talked about is concerning only the XP version not the nonXP one.

Oh that was a specific XP problem. I'll check next time that I'm making an XP release.
    Ron
    No support through PM

OK
    Only if you have time. It's not that important to have a XP look