December 18th, 2002, 05:23 AM
Got a question ? Read this post ( forum Rules and FAQ )
If you have a question be very sure to check the frequently asked questions page
Failing to do so might get you a sharp response
Got no clue on how this online stuff works ?
Netiquette This one is a good place to start, I know I read this when I went online for the first time.
If you are a newbie to this whole forum thing and have no real idea on how to 'behave' read this excellent article. ( This also applies to them old-timers, yeah, I read it too :-) )
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Rules of the Girder forums
- If your question isn't answered in the FAQ you should search the forum. If that doesn't give you the desired result, ask on the forum. If that still does not help, you could try emailing Ron, BUT make sure that your question isn't answered before because Ron will be brief in his answer if you are asking for something that has been answered.
- Only post questions once, do not repeat your questions in a different forum.
- Please do not advertise other remote control programs, there are other places to do that. I will delete any references to other programs. I pay for this forum to support you guys not to support the competition. Thanks for understanding.
- On the forum do not request that people answer you in an email, the forum is here so we can share solutions publically. If you need an email notification when someone replied to your question then check the "Notify me when a reply is posted" option in the Post Topic screen.
- Don't PM RonB asking him to look at your post, he saw it, if he doesn't respond he doesn't know.
- Post in English
- Be friendly and patient, you are getting Girder for free, so don't go around demanding this and that. Usually Ron or someone else will reply within 24 hours but nothing is guaranteed. Of course suggestions are always welcome and will be implemented if Ron sees the use and has the time.
- Girder is sophisticated software so carefully read all available help and experiment around with simple examples before trying the hard stuff.
- Spam will not be tollerated, so if you want to sell some hardware/software contact Ron first for permission, failing in doing so will get you banned.
- RonB's email address can be found in the about box of Girder, don't ask for it in a PM or on the forum.
February 8th, 2010, 05:07 PM
The FAQ link doesn't work.