Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help

Default help

ok this is theproblem !!

I have already sort of had girder working (just didn't get round to mapping the keys).
    The thing is after messing around for ages, it seems that the only thing that will work with my remote is the igor plug-in ok that's fine, BUT !...now I have dicovered what seems to work with it , I went for a clean up reinstalled the whole thing, got rid of the old folder.... reinstalled the whole thing again with the plug in and ...............nothing .. now it wont work at all
    I just dont understand ?....can t get it see the remote at all the only way that I know that it is seeing the control is with the blinking of the icon in the task bar. it wont see the remote at all now ...pleeeeeeze any suggestions ??

I'm a bit confused by the wording of your post. Sorry. I'd like to repeat back part of what you wrote to make sure I understand.

When you press a button on your remote, the icon in the task bar blinks.

If this is true then Girder is geting events from the plugin. What you may be experiencing is that the events are different now from what they were before. Did you happen to change the priority of the Igor plugin in the settings dialog?

If I have missunderstood your post, I'm sorry and please correct me and we can try again.

By the way, if you would like to see all the events flowing through Girder, get and install the Logger plugin.
    Mark F

umm thats about right , yes when I press the button on the remote THEN the icon blinks ......well thats what it used to do before, now it doesn't do anyhthing... what s the next step ?

Make sure the settings for the Igor plugin are correct for your particular receiver (DCD or DSR, com port #, priority level, etc).

Make sure the receiver is plugged into the serial port. I tend to knock these PARTIALLY out of the plugs 1-2 times a month.
    Mark F

ok, all I want to know is what the hell options do I have to get the thing working again, once I can get the remote talking to the receiver again, then I will prolly be able to work it out from there!

I understand you are really frustrated. I am trying to help.
    Mark F

thanx it is really appreciated
    dont get it .. I have another s/w here called pc remote control , and that see's the controller right away .... but it's a beta and can't config the keys right , good looking though

Did you check the settings for the Igor plugin?
    Mark F

Quote Originally Posted by rolfey
    I have another s/w here called pc remote control , and that see's the controller right away .... but it's a beta and can't config the keys right , good looking though
    It sounds like the other pc remote control software you installed is hogging the port the controller is attached to, therefore Girder and it's plugins can't access it. Most ports cannot be shared with multiple applications.
    Jim Hughes

F9??
    Mike H
    (Gadgetaddict)