August 9th, 2003, 04:53 AM
Just one minor problem - help plsssss
I'm a new fan of Girder with one minor problem - I can not activate my remote...
I bought the Ast/Logitech remote and IR reciver and have plug it in on of
the COM inputs. So far nothing happend.
I've activate the girder and it says "no input devices selected".
I've really try to help my girder to select the device but, after all, I don't know where to start. I have restart my computer and shut down any other prog and still nothing.
Pls - what do I do wrong??
(working with WIN XP Pro).
thanks a lot !!
August 9th, 2003, 06:45 AM
Welcome to Girder.
The error message "no input devices selected" is the key to your trouble.
Use these steps to enable the right plugin and make sure it is enabled every time you start Girder.
- Log into XP as an administrator if you are not already.
- Start Girder.
- Choose File/Settings ... to bring up the settings dialog.
- Choose the Plugins tab. There should be a scrollable list of plugins on this page.
- Scroll the list until you find the NEC/AST/IBM plugin.
- Put a check mark (X) in the box next to this plugin.
- Press the Apply button.
- The plugin should load and still be highlighted in the scrollable list.
- Press the Settings button to bring up the plugin configuration dialog.
- Choose the COM port the receiver is plugged into and press OK. The configuration dialog should be dismissed and Girder's settings dialog (the plugin page) should be displayed.
- At the top of the page should be a check box titled "Auto Enable Input Device". Put a check mark (X) in this box.
- Press OK. Girder's settings dialog should be dismissed and the main Girder Window should be displayed.
- Choose File/Exit Girder.
- You can change to a non-administrator XP account if you wish to.
Next time you start Girder, you should not get the error message and the AST plugin should receive IR signals and pass them to Girder.