Thread: IR Passthrough to Java Machine???

Default IR Passthrough to Java Machine???

Hi, all.

I'm a newbie to this, so please bear with me!

I learned of NetRemote using a Google search. I currently use a ProntoPro remote, and am looking for a more robust wireless remote solution built around TCP/IP over 802.11b, so this looks like the ticket.

For what I'm thinking of doing, I wouldn't have a PC on the server side, but rather a native JAVA Single Board Computer (e.g. a TINI machine) that would implement a simple server to interface the LAN side to a serial port, and from there to a comercially available product such as an Ocelot.

So, I need more info on what the data being sent to the server looks like, especially in the case where a button in the ccf represents a learned IR code. My task, then, will be to write the server code to translate what comes from NetRemote into something that can be used by the Ocelot.

Any help/pointers/insights will be appreciated

Howdy!

Will the TINI machine's sole responsibility be converting IR data sent over 802.11b to the ocelots format?

Is this instead of using a ethernet to serial device?

What about making the TINI machine also responsible for firing the infrared out? Making the ocelot unneeded?

Anyway, if you shoot me an email I can either give you the information required to make your machine an NRIRServ listener, or give you details about the upcoming SDK.

Thanks!

[Sorry off-topic]

Have you actually got a Tini? Great product - but impossible to source. A friend of mine had to shelve an entire project based arround the Tini because they are almost impossible to get hold of.

Gavin

Not yet -- I'm still (slowly) investigating feasibility and what it will take to implement my project.

When I started looking for a hardware JAVA machine, Dallas Semi was saying a couple of month lead time, but Systronix had stock of TINI390 parts. But I see from their web page that they're now out of stock until 6/3 due to production problems at Dallas Semi. And then there's the upcoming Tstik400.