Thread: Binding socket failed! Error:10048

Default Binding socket failed! Error:10048

Hi,

I received the USB-UIRT dll from Jon and placed the dll into NRIRServ folder and choose USB-UIRT in the options, but when I start NRIRServ .exe, I got an error "Binding socket failed! Error:10048.

Any one seen this error before? What might cause the problem?

chy

Is anything else running on the default port of 8081 on your machine? I've never seen the problem, but that would make sense to me.

Aha! That's the problem. I have other application running on port 8081. Thank you very much.

chy

I'm getting the same error. How can I tell whether I have other apps running on that port?

Kenny Frank

Kenny, depending on your version of Windows, you can run "netstat -a" which will show you all of the ports connected to and listening.

Dave T. is hard at work on changed to NRIRServ, so some of these problems can be eliminated.

Is there a way to alter the port which NRIRserv uses. I am using flashtron to control an Andiotron, and this uses port 8081 and can not be changed. So I need to change the prot used by NRIRserv

any help would be much appreciated

Default Port allocation problem fixed

I just downloaded the latest NRIRServ (0.995) and it is now allowing allocation to a different port

Great!