Thread: NetRemote not a valid application....

Default NetRemote not a valid application....

Just got a Dell Axim x30 with Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition. I downloaded the PPC version of .996 just fine over the web, but upon attempted execution I get an error message that it is not a valid application. Any thoughts? Is the 2003 Second Edition the issue or am I doing something stupid?

NetRemote works great on my laptop and I'm getting my CCF just about to where I want it, but I NEED it on the Axim!

TIA, Chris

Did you just copy the exe over to the Axim by any chance?

It's actually an installer that runs on the Windows machine.
    --Rob

I downloaded the installer from the web site directly to the PPC, where it does not run. Is the installer a WinXP application that I need to run on a PC and then copy a file from the PC to the PPC?

Like 80 % of all PPC applications you need to download it to a regular Windows computer with ActiveSync and install it from there.
    Tor - managing director of the Cinema Inferno home theater and multi-zone sound system with Girder running the show in the back, NetRemote as the GUI and Media Center 17, PowerDVD and ZoomPlayer as playback software
    Hobsyssel mastiffs: http://www.hobsyssel.no

Thanks. That does the trick.

Weird, but I'm seeing more buttons from my imported CCF file on the PPC than I saw on the PC, either in NetRemote or in Tonto. Any ideas?

Also, where do I get the registration number of NetRemote?

(I've had a number of Palm PDAs, but this is my first time with a PPC. Guess that wasn't obvious, was it?)

The ecommerce engine for NetRemote should be up and running shortly.