Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OpusNR v1.1

Default OpusNR v1.1

I've made a few updates and uploaded a new version. Get the ccf here and the icons here.

Changes in v1.1:
    - New icon for 'Play all' on GAC panels.
    - All 'selected' icons (icon displayed on button down) have been darkened to make them more prominent on the ppc.
    - Pressing main tab while on the main panel will toggle full screen mode.
    - Repeat playlist button was defaulting to PLAY rather than remembering last play mode (Play, Add, Play next).
    - Lua file updated so Add to end is the default playmode in GAC panels (more sensible as PLAYNEXT will only work from NR v1.0)
    - Lua file updated so PlayMode button on GAC panels displays correct state when NR started.[/list]
    JLee
    OpusNR & JLee CCF/GML available in the downloads section.

Default Re: OpusNR v1.1

Quote Originally Posted by JLee
    I've made a few updates and uploaded a new version. Get the ccf here and the icons here.

Changes in v1.1:
    - Pressing main tab while on the main panel will toggle full screen mode.
    -[/list]

Awesome.

I need to thank Cocophone for pointing out that users who haven't mapped the hard buttons are stuck in full screen mode with no way of getting out of it.

My ccf (& gml), which uses Girder (simple stuff) and is designed to support other components will be uploaded with OpusNR graphics soon. Most people will want to edit it to suit their own needs but it should be a good design to start from. The MC device section will be very similar to OpusNR but with a few extra buttons here and there.

The one thing I'd recommend people to customise with OpusNR is the Playlists tab. Rather than point it at 'Playlists' in MC create a view scheme group called Playlists under Media Library\NetRemote. Then add your favourite smartlists (as view schemes but without any items added) by adding further view schemes here. You need to use tonto to edit the action for the playlists tab within the macro's device to point at 'Media Library\NetRemote\Playlists.

Here are some suggested view schemes:

One album at random:
    -[Album]=[] ~limit=1,-1,[Album] ~sort=[Track #]

One newly imported album:
    [Date Imported]=<86400 -[Album]=[] ~limit=1,-1,[Album] ~sort=[Track #]

One album that needs rating:
    -[Album]=[] [Rating]==0 ~limit=1,-1,[Album] ~sort=[Track #]

100 tracks at random rated 3 or higher (same artist appears twice max):
    [Rating]=>=3 ~limit=-1,2,[artist] ~n=100

Point view scheme at a compiled media center playlist:
    [Playlist]="insert name of playlist here"

2 tracks from each decade (rated tracks and same artist does not appear more than once):
    ~sort=[Random] [Rating]=>=3 ~limit=-1,1,[Artist] ~limit=-1,2,[Decade]

10 tracks from the 80's (rated tracks and same artist appears only once)
    [Rating]=>=3 ~sort=[Random] [Decade]=[80s] ~limit=10,1,[artist]

Those last two require a custom field be set up in MC called 'Decade' and your tracks tagged accordingly. When you have something like this set up the 'repeat last playlist' icon on the main page (bottom left) really comes into it's own.
    JLee

Jlee,

One modification I made for my use was to add the ability to change zones.

I changed the button to the right of the MS Windows flag to change to the next zone. I think that button you were using to switched from stop at end of playlist to restart playlist over when you reach the end. I never used that feature.

Then I made the cover art slightly smaller and added a button with the text of the currently playing zone right below the cover art.

I only have two zones right now so a "next zone" button is all I need.

Thanks again for the CCF. You did a great job getting it done.
    == Cocophone ==

Thanks again for the CCF. You did a great job getting it done.
    Thanks.

I changed the button to the right of the MS Windows flag to change to the next zone.
    That sounds like a nice touch and Mike commented on the same thing. I don't really do multi-zone at the moment so I haven't included it. I don't plan on maintaining OpusNr going forward as it was a one off task to make a CCF that others could use. I'm hoping it helps newbies and helps to attract MC users (who like the Opus range of skins) to NetRemote. This software is just too good to keep to ourselves so I want to do anything I can do to try and promote it to my friends at interact and other fourms. I really hope Ben's business venture is a massive success.
    JLee

Very slick!

One thing I noticed is that the rating state seems to be backwards. I'm assuming white should be on, and blue off. Right now blue is on and white is off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben S
    Very slick!

One thing I noticed is that the rating state seems to be backwards. I'm assuming white should be on, and blue off. Right now blue is on and white is off.
    In the Opus MC skins blue is on and grey is off. I switched the grey to white as it didn't show up as being very different from the blue on the ppc in low level light. Maybe I should switch it back.
    JLee

JLee,

What program are you using for PPC screen shoots?

Hi

I think the graphics are excellent.

Could you also post the colour codes, fonts etc, just in case we fancy adding to it? Please.

Cheers

Dan

You can download the icons from the user downloads area.
    JLee