Thread: netremote->go_device DOES NOT WORK!!

Default netremote->go_device DOES NOT WORK!!

Ben,

In investigating why the Zoom Driver's auto-jump facility no longer works, which I had spotted at about the same time as samplehead did, I have made the horrendous discovery the netremote->go_device no longer does anything.

And, as an experiment, I changed the panel name to one that does not exist and I do not now get the error message box that used to appear.

Can you check this please? It seems somewhat important.

Brian

Will do this evening. This is most likely related to the change from WM_USER to WM_APP that I had done (and am still cleaning up).

I'll have a new version to you this evening.

Thank you.

I didn't expect a fix that quick. I just wanted to stop you shipping 1.0 with something like that broken.

Brian

The same call basically works from LUA.

I am seeing 2 things -

go_device never appears to get called from the ZoomPlayer plugin (this is with the newest version of ZoomPlayer).

In DVD mode, as stated by someone else, ZoomPlayer and NetRemote take almost 100% of processor.

Commenting out the complete "UpdatePositionVariables" call fixed that issue. I'm diving now into what part is causing the problem.

I think I found the problem with 100% processor usage, relating to DVD's and the root menu.

Commenting out "RequestRefresh" brings it back to manageable levels. I think it's because Zoom sets the duration to 0 on a menu.

I had to add

Code:
    if (strstr(line,"Menu")){
      if ( !m_jumpMenuPanel.IsEmpty() && !m_jumpMenuDevice.IsEmpty() )
        {
            netremote->go_device( (LPTSTR)(LPCTSTR)m_jumpMenuDevice, (LPTSTR)(LPCTSTR)m_jumpMenuPanel );
        }
        m_menuPanelDisplayed = TRUE;
    }
    To get the jump to work (it looks like perhaps Zoom is not passing 1100 Menu like you are expecting?).

Just to clarify, you're testing with the build from August 29th with the fixed jump code, right?

Thanks Avid!

Also - is it neccessary to empty out the Menu device and panel when the Play is registered and empty out Play device and panel when the Menu is registered?

Since you have these in Unregister, you can have both on the same panel, allowing you to add these to a skin (or a frame you copy to all panels, in my demo case) if you remove the Empty call from the RegisterButton.

Hi Ben,

Thanks for finding the 100% CPU problem. I hadn't spotted the issue at all, probably as in my "normal" use, the 802.11b link to the PPC throttles the performance enough. I guess it would have killed the wireless network though. Also, I'm not a great DVD user. [Enough excuses ...]

go_device never appears to get called from the ZoomPlayer plugin
    In my tracing, the strstr was not necessary - I was logging just before and just after the go_device. But I see that using strstr is more robust, so I will switch to that.

Just to clarify, you're testing with the build from August 29th with the fixed jump code, right?
    Oops - "fixed jump code"??? ops:
    No - I was still running the August 17th.
    That might explain a LOT.

Also - is it neccessary to empty out the Menu device and panel when the Play is registered and empty out Play device and panel when the Menu is registered?

Since you have these in Unregister, you can have both on the same panel, allowing you to add these to a skin (or a frame you copy to all panels, in my demo case) if you remove the Empty call from the RegisterButton.
    Good idea - I will change.

I will re-do the driver for all these points tonight or tomorrow morning. I also need to incorporate a couple of requests from Jens.

Thanks again for the analysis and bug-hunting. I owe you a beer.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by avid
    go_device never appears to get called from the ZoomPlayer plugin
    In my tracing, the strstr was not necessary - I was logging just before and just after the go_device. But I see that using strstr is more robust, so I will switch to that.
    I should have clarified. The jump code to go to menus never got called in the position update (1100, I think). I had to add this code to the OSD call (1200). If the OSD shows "Root Menu", I had it go to the menu.

Thanks again for the analysis and bug-hunting. I owe you a beer.
    Not at all. I owe you a case (or a keg) for all your hard work.