Thread: Girder -> NetRemote Help Needed!

Default Girder -> NetRemote Help Needed!

As you can see from my status, I'm pretty familiar with Girder (though I've not done any LUA scripting) but new to NetRemote. I'm having trouble getting into the latter mainly due to lack of documentation. I wonder could an expert spare the time to walk me through a couple of real-world examples just to get me started:

1. Using the example configuration, there's a nice mouse control page on the PPC. I've managed to get that set up so I can see the events arriving in Girder. But the mouse pointer does not actually move. I guess I have to do some Girder programming to make that happen. How can I best do this?

2. I have a DigiTV program set up so it sends events to Girder with the programme name in Pld1. How can I link this through so it appears on the screen of my PPC?

- John

Default Re: Girder -> NetRemote Help Needed!

Can't really help you with your first point, I've never used mouse mode

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHind
    2. I have a DigiTV program set up so it sends events to Girder with the programme name in Pld1. How can I link this through so it appears on the screen of my PPC?
    Set up a Variable Manipulation script that contains

NetRemote.SendLabel('Program_Name', pld1)

And in your CCF you need a button with the text {Program_Name} including the braces - and give it an action e.g. a delay.
    --Rob

Hi John -

Did you use the Pro suite to install Girder / Girder plugins?

For MouseMode control you'll need WinLuaEx installed, as well as the netremote-demo.gml file.

Default Thanks

Thanks for that, it's got me started.

I found the GML file with the solution to the Mouse Mode, so that's OK too.

Ben S:

Yes I did use the installer. WinLUAEx was installed and enabled, but I found that Lua-Socket Library was also required and that was NOT enabled by the installer.

I'm getting there!