Thread: Can't find Netremote "always execute" function

Default Can't find Netremote "always execute" function

I looked high and low yet could not find any way to configue Tonto such that a user specified command/function be executed whenever Netremote is called. Girder has such a function to perform on "all events" but Girder is running on the HTPC, not the control PC, so this won't work.

I have Netremote running on a touchscreen based PC located in a family room that doubles as a HT with drawn curtains. When the HT is in use, it is dark and I would like the screen to go blank after 5 seconds after the last touch/mouse click. The Windows screensaver has a minimum of 1 minute before it activates and blanks the screen, too long a time.

I could add to every Tonto button, an extra command to blank screen in 5 seconds but that is a lot of work. Is there any way in Tonto to specify a command that will execute any time Netremote is clicked on?

thx don

Hi Don-
    Currently there is no way to do this, although this would be relatively easy to do.

Every action would set the "last action" time. You could then have lua code (fired by Avid's flash variable) that checks for the last action.

This makes a lot of sense, and is extremely easy to implement. Perhaps you'll see this shortly.

Don,

Do you have a pic of your setup? It sounds cool.

Hi Mike,

I don't have any pics of the room but if that is what you are asking 'd be happy to take a few digi snaps for you. It will be a few days since I am in the middle of finishing an enclosure for the control system as it is currently on a protoype stand.

@Ben - thanks for the reply. I'm using Wismoas the screen blanking utility but l'lll keep looking for an alternative way to initiate the screen blanking. I'm thinking all I need is a timer that can trigger after the last system input event and issue the wizmo command to black the screen. Should not be too hard to find but haven't found anything yet.

I would like that for PPC as well. I'd like to take my old PocketLoox (two years is perhaps more ancient than old in this world?) and build it into a box or something to use it in my HT as a remote. And 10 seconds is far too long after last button press in my opinion. Also I'd like it not to do anything except activate the screen and the backlight on the first press, if that's possible.
    Tor - managing director of the Cinema Inferno home theater and multi-zone sound system with Girder running the show in the back, NetRemote as the GUI and Media Center 17, PowerDVD and ZoomPlayer as playback software
    Hobsyssel mastiffs: http://www.hobsyssel.no

Also I'd like it not to do anything except activate the screen and the backlight on the first press, if that's possible.
    Do make this an option since the ELO touchscreen driver already has "first touch" to bring up the brightness and do nothing else.