PDA

View Full Version : Wake On Lan via PPC

yp
February 2nd, 2005, 11:08 AM
Hello, I am new to Netremote...

Has anyone manage to get Wake On Lan in Netremote for PPC working via wireless router???

I want to connect my PC to a wireless router over a LAN cable and use a PPC with Netremote to control the MC10 on the PC as well as wake up the PC using WOL from the PPC.

Does anyone know if this will work or if you have similar setup working then which ADSL wireless router do you recommend for WOL from PPC to work???

thanks

arbujl
February 2nd, 2005, 01:45 PM
Here after an answer...
http://www.promixis.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10229&highlight=wol

Mastiff
February 2nd, 2005, 01:48 PM
Yeah, that should work. Just find the Mac address of the pc, and do the usual voodoo to make it WOL compatible.

yp
February 2nd, 2005, 05:44 PM
Thanks, I have managed to make WOL work on a LAN where both the client (Netremote) and the Server (PC) are in the same subnet.

I really want to know how I make WOL work from the PPC over wireless router as my PC (music server) and PPC (Netremote client) are on different subnets. How would the WOL packet be routed by the router??? or do I have to setup some kind of packet forwarding ????

Mastiff
February 3rd, 2005, 04:19 AM
Wow. That was probably more difficult. I would suggest that you find the Magic Packet utility first (search on Google, it should be there) and use that with a wirelss notebook to see if it can find the MC computer. If not, you're probably lost.