PDA

View Full Version : UIRT and Girder to solve failing IR problem w/ win-tv 150

capone
February 4th, 2005, 09:23 AM
I am one of those that have the win-tv 150 remote die on them after 15-20 min or so.

My solution, I think, is to use a UIRT to catch the button commands from the win-tv 150 remote, and instead of sending to the Hauppagge IR, pass keystrokes to programs like GB-PVR which I use.

That said, I thought I read that this would not work, since Girder would not be the active application. Is this the case?

I keep thinking what is the point of Girder if it can't work in the background and pass commands & keystrokes to an active window.

Thx for any help.

windtrader
February 4th, 2005, 10:29 AM
Girder does operate in the background, always monitoring the devices defined to it. For example, if you define a UIRT device to Girder it will monitor all incoming IR signals that are seen by the IR receiver. Then it can act on that signal based on the actions you have defined. The variety of actions is large and certainly Girder can initiate activity to a application running on the system, even if it is not the active window.

capone
February 4th, 2005, 11:20 AM
Thx for the info. I guess what threw me is this post in regard to win-tv remote

"Sending keystrokes to Girder has a big disadvantage: If Girder is not
active (not focused), it wouldnt receive those events. "

Here: http://www.promixis.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=446&highlight=wintv

I think I'm still finding only conversations where the win-tv sensor is part of the mix.

I'm just making sure that I can use Girder to send keystorkes to the active window. From your post, that sounds like the case.

capone
February 4th, 2005, 11:28 AM
Also, another reason I needed confirmation was just reading about the people having problems getting to combination to work. Again, I think it's in part a lack of parrallel situations, where I'm not intersted in the remote sensor, and only using the remote itself, as the buttons match up nicely on GB-PVR.