PDA

View Full Version : Graphics plugin

Rob H
February 16th, 2005, 04:16 PM
I've just started working on a graphics plugin for Girder. The original idea was to replace IrfanView in LDJ.

The initial functions will be :-

gfx_Load(filename)
gfx_Save(filename, quality)
gfx_Scale(width, height)
gfx_Overlay(image)
gfx_Crop(left, top, width, height)
gfx_Capture(source) -- screen, window, client area - possibly even camera

Are there any other functions that people would find useful - I've got a very capable graphics library at my disposal (ImageEn), so there are all sorts of possibilities. I just need some ideas.

Promixis
February 16th, 2005, 08:43 PM
Cool, what file formats will it handle?

And can you compress images to speed transmission time?

Rob H
February 16th, 2005, 08:57 PM
Should be able to handle pretty much any file format.

Not sure about the compression - if we're talking about jpegs then a call to load and then save with a lower quality may do the trick.

peegee
February 17th, 2005, 03:01 AM
Rotate would be nice...

quixote
February 21st, 2005, 01:17 PM
I'd really like to see something that will play .MPEGs or .AVIs in the same way that the XP OSD displays images. The reason being is that I'd like to create a top-down map view of my appartment and have the rooms with movement in them flash on the map in the corner of my screen. Maybe you could use cells? (hopeful question, but far fetched)

Mastiff
February 21st, 2005, 01:32 PM
You've got to have a big appartment if you need the computer to keep track of where the people are! :lol:

Rob H
February 21st, 2005, 01:34 PM
That probably won't be in this one - it's not currently intended to do any displaying of graphics, it's mostly intended for file conversions.

Maybe a bit further down the line I could add display. The library I'm using does support MPG and AVI files I believe.

You could something like what you describe with NetRemote right now.

quixote
February 21st, 2005, 03:16 PM
You've got to have a big appartment if you need the computer to keep track of where the people are! :lol:

:D I wish. Actually, it's because I have people cutting through my yard as a shortcut and it's really pissing me off. I plan to set up motion sensors outside at various points so that I can track their movements visually, then I can incorporate cameras eventually . I shall strike with efficiency and extreme prejudice. I like to be prepared before going to WAR.

:lol: :wink: I'm only kidding about the striking and war part! heheheh

Mastiff
February 21st, 2005, 03:19 PM
Well, I assume you have to fight a few windmills first... :lol: But that's not a problem we've ever had. There's something about a 150+ pounds dog that makes people take the long way around! :wink: Or maybe it's just me they're afraid of? Hey, you could do motion sensors and then a speaker in the garden (one of those cool rock things): "Freeze, or I'll shoot!" And then the sound effect of a shotgun being cocked... That should take care of the problem!

danward79
February 21st, 2005, 03:21 PM
But that's not a problem we've ever had. There's something about a 150+ pounds dog that makes people take the long way around! :wink: Or maybe it's just me they're afraid of?

Probably the dog

Mastiff
February 21st, 2005, 03:22 PM
I take it you haven't seen any pictures of me... :evil: :roll:

danward79
February 21st, 2005, 03:25 PM
I saw that one of the t-shirt! I thought you looked like a very passive calm, nice person, a bit like a "Fluffy Bunny" :P

Mastiff
February 21st, 2005, 03:27 PM
I suggest you don't go near any Hells Angels meetings! You will probably try to hug them, then! :lol:

But let's stop this, we're messing up Robs nice, serious and useful thread here! Sorry, Rob.

quixote
February 21st, 2005, 03:44 PM
LOL sorry... one last post off topic.
I just pictured Danward walking into a Hell's bar wearing a "gay pride" rainbow t-shirt, spandex pants and leg-warmers, walking a poodle. :lol: :lol: :lol:

danward79
February 21st, 2005, 03:46 PM
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Mastiff
February 21st, 2005, 03:46 PM
I apologize, but I can't leave it alone either: Picture yourself Dan as one of the hapless cops in "Police Academy", in "The Blue Oyster"!

Da-da-da-da-da-daaaaaaa!!!!

danward79
February 21st, 2005, 03:50 PM
I think we need to get back on topic!

Rob H
February 21st, 2005, 03:50 PM
LOL!

Not a problem.