PDA

View Full Version : Problems learning NAD Receiver Volume



fieldeffect
February 22nd, 2005, 02:50 AM
I'm using a UIRT to learn from (among other things) a NAD T760 receiver. Most of the buttons work with no problems, but the volume buttons are causing quite a problem.

I can record a signal that will change up or down one volume level, but it is inconsistent, sometimes not working at all, or occasionally changing two levels. The only way to get it to work in a stable way seems to be a massive anti-repeat delay. The problem here is that the delay needs to be so long that a press and hold to change the volume turns into a very long wait :)

If I knew about these things (which I don't) I would guess that what i have learnt and am sending out again from Girder is the middle part of some predefined signal, and that because it is incomplete the receiver needs time to time-out before it can receive the signal again.... just a guess.

I've found all the codes for my receiver in Pronto format, so my initial question is... is there a way to convert a pronto code into the equivalent string that needs to be sent to a UIRT?

Thanks for any help. I am managing to control virtually every function on every piece of equipment I have with the exception of the NAD volume. It's infuriating.

Nick.

Jlee
February 23rd, 2005, 04:20 AM
How are you triggering the command in Girder? If it's via an IR remote then the incoming IR will clash with the IR coming out of the UIRT. You should find some suggestions on the USB-UIRT forum about handling this though there is no easy answer. I trigger the signal via WiFI connection from NetRemote so have no such problem.

I did however find it difficult to get the volume button to work effectively when held down. I got round this by having 2 volume up and 2 volume down actions - 1 large and 1 small. This works really well. Normally a couple of presses of the 'large' volume change is all that's needed.

fieldeffect
February 24th, 2005, 10:42 AM
Ahhh, I didn't think about the input conflicting with the output. I'll try trigerring it with the keyboard and see if that makes any difference.

If it does, I do have a Microsoft Media Center USB IR transceiver that i'm not using, so I could try to hook that up for receiving from the media center remote and dedicate the UIRT to output.