PDA

View Full Version : iTunes script and XP OSD issue

najt
February 23rd, 2005, 10:03 PM
I have the latest iTunes (COM) script from the download page, Girder 3.3.7 and XP OSD 1.4 and I can't get the OSD the work. The OSD output comes out mostly as random garbage, sometimes even as garbaled artist/album/songname, or just artist. you get the picture...

I've been playing with the code and the strings coming from iTunes are fine and it seems that the problem is in the eventrigger that passes the strings to XP OSD... or maybe it's in XP OSD, I can't tell with limited (none :)) debugging tools.

Can anyone confirm this? suggestions, bug fixes? :) thanks

Promixis
February 24th, 2005, 10:01 AM
I am not sure where the problem would be... the code just sends the strings to the XP OSD... can you check the xp osd with some standard text?

najt
February 24th, 2005, 10:12 AM
I am not sure where the problem would be... the code just sends the strings to the XP OSD... can you check the xp osd with some standard text?

Standard text in xp osd works fine. Something is wrong the pld variables that get passed to osd.

most of the time I get something like "bjork□4354354□43□3"

Mark F
February 24th, 2005, 10:59 AM
Are there slashes (\) in the data? LUA translates some of these to special characters. See the Lexical Conventions section of the LUA manual (http://www.lua.org/manual/4.0/manual.html#4.1) if this is the problem.