View Full Version : Memory leak report

March 2nd, 2005, 09:07 PM
I want (have) to report memory leak. My NetRemote starts with 7MB memory usage and in a 24h runs close to 300MB. Eventually in 2/3 days PC is running out of memory. Tested on 2 different PCs with Windows 2000.
Pre Pro versions ware working way better for me. They were doing a good job.
I purchase a Pro version only because I had so good experience with v0.9xx and I donít mind paying for good product.
Since I upgrade I'm not happy user anymore. Sad. Iím tired. Have a good one.
Stas :(

March 2nd, 2005, 09:43 PM
What NR version are you running?

What plugins are you using?

March 2nd, 2005, 10:31 PM
NetRemote Pro
Plugins in use:
Iím using 3 Instances of Girder (to connect to HomeSeer and 2 Girders)
Also MediaBridge to connect directly to JRMC10.

Thx, Stas

March 3rd, 2005, 08:11 AM
Hm, we have lots of users with that combo without problems...

Can you make sure that you do not have > 1 version of NR installed?

March 3rd, 2005, 08:26 AM
I am at version 20 also and still get multiple Netremote instances showing up in the task manager. For some reason now and then when you exit it leaves the task running.

Ben S
March 3rd, 2005, 08:41 AM
Stas - Could you please tell me what ccf (interface) you are using? Additionally, does it start to increase memory usage just by "sitting" there, or is it when jumping back and forth between panels?

John - When to the multiple instances show up? I don't remember seeing it, but I'd like to resolve it.

Thanks guys.

March 3rd, 2005, 12:00 PM
I believe it to be linked with the exit problem we were having. Although I do not always get the error message popup. When I exit Netremote it seems to leave a process running now and then. This is on a Win2K box.

March 3rd, 2005, 07:49 PM
Hi Ben,,
Same thing happens to me. I occasionally get an error message when I close NR. I couldnít get the pattern so I didnít mention it. Iím also using W2K.
Talking about interface, Iím using my own, mainly based on Now Playing project, just different graphics. Itís always in development but I can send you copy if that will help.
My guess is that NR increases the memory just by ďsittingĒ there. One reason that I can think about for this to happen is that my ccf has screens with ~60 devices from HomeSeer with ďliveĒ status update for them. One screen has hole house floor plans with all devices in the house. That includes lights status, doors, windows and motions detectors as well as some IR controlled devices. As you can imagine for some of them especially motion detectors the status changes hundreds times a day. In my ccf status is indicated by icon so for each status change NR reviews image form hsGirder. I can imagine is generating some traffic. That is probably the main difference between my NR and other users that donít have this problem. I understand that even if I donít use NR ďby handĒ it still working in the situation described above.
This ccf is new so I didnít run it with v0.9xx.
As I mention before I have this problem with NetRemote Pro v1.0.20.0 and I positive about version. :D

Hope this make sufficient sense for you so you can consider this issue in future developments.

Regards, Stas