PDA

View Full Version : Leadtek WinFast PVR 2000

ballizboub
March 3rd, 2005, 03:43 AM
Hello,
I have a Leadtek WinFast PVR 2000 and I would like to control my PC with the remote. So, I've seen that Girder seems to be the best software for this but there is no plug for this card.
However, the plug for the WinFast 2000Xp-Expert work with it (it receive signals). Would it be possible to send me the sources of this plug : I could adapt it to the PVR2000

Thank You

berny83
March 3rd, 2005, 11:37 AM
Hi
I have a PVR-2000 card too and I'm very interested in a girder plugin for it.
Let me know if you make it work or if I can help you testing it.
Thanks,

Promixis
March 3rd, 2005, 12:35 PM
I would suggest emailing or pm'ing the plugin author.

bbennefeld
March 3rd, 2005, 04:02 PM
Several people have asked for the source (which I have been happy to give out, and which I have finally uploaded to the site - although it will take a little while for it to show up) so that they could port it to the PVR-2000 card - but I have never heard anything back about their success or lack thereof.

I will glad to help in any way I can in developing a plugin, but without the card, I don't really know the similarities and differences vs. TV2000-Expert card.

My suggestion would be to get the RegSpy utility from the DScaler application at sourceforge, it will allow you to monitor various register values of your tuner card while you press keys on your remote control. That is basically how I figured out what the TV2000-expert card did, and how it detected/reported ir codes. In general, there is probably a bit in some register that indicates an ir code has been detected (on the Expert, this bit was tough to find as it was set for such a short time), and then there is a mask of bits in a register(s) which contain the value for the key that was pressed.

A link for the RegSpy tool is at:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=7420

I actually grabbed the source for the tool and played with it to suit my purposes a little, but I believe the vanilla version may provide a good start. My modified version allowed me to look at some different resgisters, etc. and I don't know if I still have that one lying around or not...

Note that this is not the registry spy utility that you will find if you simply search for regspy.

Good luck!
Brian.

Promixis
March 3rd, 2005, 04:50 PM
its here

http://www.promixis.com/download.php?ID=734

ballizboub
March 5th, 2005, 07:04 AM
Thank you for the links.
I will reply if I succeed in developing a plugin for the PVR2000 card.

berny83
March 5th, 2005, 12:16 PM
It seems that the IR on the PVR-2000 is not handle the same as the XP Expert card. Using the regspy and after adding some debug stuff in the XP Expert girder plugin, I notice that the GPIO register MO_GP1_IO is the only GPIO register being updated continuously with "no-sense" 8 bits values even if the remote control is not used. Since all bits can be set without remote control action, there is no way to guess what is the IR event associated bit. May be the IR use other undocumented register(s) or may be the IR is handled using software I2C protocol using this GPIO register.
A good point is that using the Dscaler driver to access the PCI card and handle the IR does not disturb the WDM driver.
Any suggestions ?

berny83
March 8th, 2005, 04:51 AM
Here is the LeadTek support answer concerning IR remote control handling :

> 2. This question is more technical and I hope you can
> forward it to your developpers teams.
> Although the PVR-2000 software is impressive, the IR
> remote control usage is limited from my point of view.
> I would like to use the Winfast PVR-2000 Infrared
> Remote to control third-party programs or my own
> developped programs. I have made it possible with your
> Winfast XP 2000 Expert card, but the way the IR is
> handled in PVR-2000 seems totally different. Could you
> provide me more information about the way the IR is
> handled by the PVR-2000 :
> 2a) Is the IR handled using a GPIO register on the
> cx2388x chipset ? if so what is the protocol used to
> detect key pressed events ?
>
> 2b) Can I directly call/use the Winfast PVR-2000
> driver ( the WFIOCTL service for example) in my
> software code to get the key pressed event.
>
> 2c) Is is legally possible to have some sample of your
> Winfast software code dealing with the IR events
> handling ?
>
> 2d) Is it possible to control a Windows Media Center
> 2005 PC using only the PVR-2000 remote control ?

For your question_2, 2a,2b and 2c, we are sorry for your request.

That is company secret, it can not release.

For question_2d, If you want use it with MCE2005 then you must use
MCE2005's
remote control kit.

ballizboub
March 11th, 2005, 03:56 AM
I've the same problem ; I've try to understand or find logic series in the IR "no-sense" codes but I haven't got any results.
I will continue but it will be hard without explications from Leadtek.

sadyc
March 31st, 2005, 05:49 PM
After a little playing with Winfast PVR2000's software, I noticed that the software package has an application (WinFast Wizard) like girder that forwards "messages" from the remote to the rest of the programs (PVR and FM).

So, if you make an application with a window titled "Leadtek WinFastDVD", the WinFast Wizard will forward the "messages" to your window instead. From there you can forward it to a girder plugin I guess; or to some other application.
(It works for me with BSplayer)

Have fun.

--sadyc

ballizboub
April 24th, 2005, 11:32 AM
Thank you sadyc,
I've tried to make an application called "InterVideo WinDVD 5" and it receives signals from WinFast Wizard.
Now, I have to make an application which could forward this messages to Girder or directly to the applications.
If somebody has useful documentation about "Messages under windows", I'm interested.

For the developpers which are interested by the subject, try to make it too please.

Balli

berny83
May 6th, 2005, 09:38 AM
Here it is.
This plugin use the tricks introduced here by sadyc. Two files are provided :
- The girder plugin for Winfast PVR-2000.
- a little app which creates a fake hidden window with the same name and class of the Intervideo WinDVD app.
Once loaded, The girder plugin launch the fake app and wait to receive the IR events through a named pipe.
See the included install.txt to have more details on usage and installation in Girder directory.
A few keys are not handled using this approach because there aren't handled/required by WinDVD software.
Visual C++ source files are also included.
Look in "Redist" directory for binary files.

berny83
May 6th, 2005, 12:51 PM
There's still an issue with the activate/focus message handling in the fake window.

May be, it is required to change the fake window by a modeless dialog in order to keep the focus on the right window.

berny83
May 9th, 2005, 06:07 AM
I've fixed some bugs and merged the fake window app in the plugin DLL. Now only the PVR2000.DLL file is required.
There is still an issue with the activate/focus messages sent by the winfast wizard when a remote control key is pressed. This doesn't allow girder to work with foreground windows. Every command should be assigned to its dedicated window app (e.g. startbar, wmp, ...)
I provide a sample Girder Configuration file (GML).
Let me know if it works for you.

ballizboub
July 7th, 2005, 09:58 AM
Thank you berny for your help ! I will try this plug and post to say if it's working.
I had tried to make a plug, but I'm not a experimented developer and it was too hard.

Ballizboub

ballizboub
July 7th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Hye,
I've tested the plug and I've this results :
- some controls cannot been configured (as said in the previous post)
- i've some bugs. For example, if I launch an HTPC application, when I press a key on the remote, the application crashs.

I had made some tests when I tried to develop : I can say that there are some solutions, particularly for the problems that I have with Vol-, Vol+, Ch- and Ch+ keys.
I had look at the messages which were sent by the remote and for these keys, there are 2 messages (and this is the second message which is determinant).
So, there are some improvements to do but it's already fantastic and I will try to help you if I can.

Thank you

newdeal
July 28th, 2005, 06:11 PM
Hi guys
Im new to this stuff and I just got a leadtek pvr2000 card and I was wondering if there is any update on making a plugin.
I would like to use my remote with meedio essential, If the plugin ends up workin do you think that the remote will work well with meedio essentials and meedio tv.
Thanks and let me know if you need help testing
The worst part is that after buying this card I find that it isnt supported with meedio tv yet and there is no propper plugin for girder.

Zaxon
November 3rd, 2005, 09:26 PM
I have some technical documentation about the PVR2000. See http://www.tv-cards.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=11524 . Can someone make use of that to finish off this plugin, and perhaps fixed the foreground app focus problem?

Promixis
November 3rd, 2005, 10:09 PM
I had a look at it. It would require having the hardware to test. If you can find someone to do it, there is a free G4 key waiting for them.

Zaxon
November 3rd, 2005, 11:45 PM
I had a look at it. It would require having the hardware to test. If you can find someone to do it, there is a free G4 key waiting for them.
Well I have a PVR2000, hence I can certainly test it as an end user. I don't have the knowledge to write a hardware plug-in. But I'd be happy to put anyone's .dll to the test, and give them feedback about what is/isn't working.

Muzo
November 10th, 2005, 06:39 AM
Hi,

I would also very much like to test any versions of the plugin, more or less the end version of the plugin. I would like to use the plugin for winamp, bsplayer and dscaler.

I will folloew this discussion and when there any versions to test, I will be happy to help te developers, like they help us.

Thanks

tibiu
December 9th, 2005, 05:29 PM
I found this:

http://www.tv-cards.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?p=44525#44525

w1965
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:07 am Post subject: Reply with quote
Zaxon,

The PVR2000's remote control can not be read from CX2388x' GPIO.
The Winbond SMBus(I2C) GPIO IC W83601 is used :
http://www.winbond.com.tw/c-winbondhtm/partner/PDFresult.asp?Pname=185
The remote control code should be read from W83601 instead of CX2388x' GPIO.

I will provide the following documents if someone wants to write the Girder plugin:
- The I2C subadress of W83601
- The GPIO pins definition of W83601
- Sample codes to read the W83601
My e-mail address is twnumber1@home-one.com.tw

You can get the following documents from this link:
http://myweb.hinet.net/home14/tw1965/CoolCommand.zip
- TV2000 XP Deluxe/TV2000 XP FM/TV2000 XP RM/TV2000 XP GPIO definition
- TV2000 XP EXPERT/DV2000/DTV1000 GPIO definition
- CoolCommnad Remote Control Keys Definition

Zaxon
December 11th, 2005, 01:42 PM
I found this:

http://www.tv-cards.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?p=44525#44525

OK, that was weird. You're actually just posting a link to the same page I posted about several messages up. So we have that page on record.

We're now just waiting for Mike C or some of the other great technical programmers who have had experience in this area to make some more progress on behalf of all Winfast PVR 2000 owners.

malerherbert
April 2nd, 2006, 09:38 AM
Well, now i have some information about remotecontrol on pvr2000 and i'll give me a try to make that work, but that will need time.

i would be please if anyone of you could help me, because till now i only programmed for microcontrollers and not for windows (excepting visualbasic).

I think i don't have problems programming the hardware part.

well, lets see what will come.

AramiS
July 21st, 2006, 09:58 PM
What happened in the end with this plugin?